Trying To Replace My Behringer UCG102

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Trying To Replace My Behringer UCG102

Postby 0dysseus » Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:39 am

I bought it almost 10 years ago. I am no professional guitarist, I have a nice collection that I enjoy playing. I always do the same routine; I sit in my comfy chair, I connect whatever guitar I'm playing to Amplitube with Windows 10, and I also load Guitar Pro 7 to follow and practice the tabs. The Behringer lets me have both output the sound via ASIO at the same time. I have a StealthPedal and an iRig UA and while both sound great, I don't know of any way to run both apps together using either of them. The UCG102 sounds... okay, but has more hiss and noise. I'd love to be able to move on to something better, but I have no idea what other interface I can count on. I'd love an Axe I/O, but will it do what I want? If it's not an IK product, that is okay, as long as it's a step-up in quality, as in less noise and better sound, and can output both apps together.

Thank you very much in advance for any advice. I'm not a pro, so I'm as not up on any interface knowledge as many of you, both staff and users. I acknowledge I may be asking a couple basic(dumb) questions, but I think this is the only place I'll get a good answer.
0dysseus

Re: Trying To Replace My Behringer UCG102

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:59 pm

I would definitely look at AXE I/O. It has enough outputs for you to route audio in order to do what you would like. You could also follow steps at this FAQ in order to play along with nearly everything with great performance from all audio sources simultaneously.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby 0dysseus » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:24 pm

Thank you for the feedback, Peter.

1.) So the Axe I/O will allow the Guitar Pro app to run at the same time on the same device driver? The Axe ASIO does not run exclusively like the other IK interfaces I have?

2.) I have tried the VB cable numerous times but I just can't get it to work. No matter what I do, either with the StealthPedal or the iRig UA, when I run Amplitube it will work fine, but when I try to then run Guitar Pro and connect it too it reports the interface as in use and not available.

Again, thanks for the response. I'm certain that there is something I am missing and is making you crazy :? .
0dysseus

Postby s1ygtr » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:01 am

This IK youtube video from a few months back "IK Tech Talks Live - Using AmpliTube and Guitar Pro to make practicing easy" at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOMZdy9Gytc may be worth taking a look at as well. At around the 1:52 mark the presenter mentions they are using the AXE I/O for input.
s1ygtr

Postby 0dysseus » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:39 am

s1ygtr, thank you very much for posting. That video got me closest, I can get both apps sounding with Banana, but I can't get Amplitube to sound anything other than a generic clean sound. I'm sure it is an error on my end and I will continue to throw rocks at it tomorrow unless someone has a suggestion on how to get beyond the clean.
0dysseus

Postby 0dysseus » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:56 am

s1ygtr, I truly thank you for pointing me in the direction of that video, because it was exactly what I needed. After messing about with the inputs and outputs I found the setup for me and everything works perfectly! Amplitube sounds wonderful through the StealthPedal, with no noise or latency, even through single coils, and Guitar Pro and anything else for that matter sounds great too.

Peter, if you are still checking this thread, I would say that that Voicemeeter Banana+Amplitube+anything else is a great combination, and would highly recommend it. There were one or two things that differed in my setup from the gentleman in the vid was configuring, but it the end it worked out great. So happy to finally be able to get regular use of my StealthPedal after all this time. RIP UCG102!
0dysseus

Return to Interfaces & Controllers