Can't Register AXE I/O T-RackS 5

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can't Register AXE I/O T-RackS 5

Postby chrlswtt » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:17 pm

I just purchased AXE I/O and tried to register the AXE I/O T-RackS 5 version but the Product Manger won't let me register that version. What I do see, when I check which version I have, is the CS version. I tried reinstalling the old Authorization Manger, to see if that would allow me to register the AXE version and it did but when I check to see what vision I have, I still show CS. Is it just a name thing or is there a difference? As a suggestion, it would be less confusing if certain apps, didn't load the old Authorization Manger and the old Custom Shop app. JMO!
chrlswtt

Re: Can't Register AXE I/O T-RackS 5

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:42 pm

From the web page, the AXE I/O Bundle includes AmpliTube 5 MAX ("AT5 MAX"), AmpliTube 5 SE (that one seems redundant to me), AmpliTube 4 Deluxe and 10 T-RackS 5 processors,

Those T-Racks processors would run in the free T-RackS 5 Custom Shop ("TR5 CS"). The CS edition of the software is free; any bundled TR5 processors will run in that software. The TR5 SE, TR5, TR5 Deluxe and TR5 MAX products include different numbers of processors. Which processors you can use depends on the Serial numbers you have; you can always Try (and buy) more.

The IKPM (the Product Manager) is a relatively new product, designed to carry out downloads, installed and registrations. But it does not support all products:

The IK Product Manager gives you one central destination to register any IK product, hardware or software.

If you register hardware that includes bonus software content, as soon as you’ve registered a pop-up will inform you of the software added to your account and they’ll be right there in the software tab.
and
The IK Product Manager is designed to support all current product versions; therefore, all the legacy products are not supported and will continue to be handled by the previous Authorization Manager.

Can you tell us which products that you have received Serial numbers for? Not the actual numbers, of course, but for which products?

-----------------------------
I think that you should be able to Register the AXE I/O hardware through the IKPM (indeed, there is a screenshot on the IKPM web page showing AXE I/O) then see the pop-up about the bonus software added.

You should then be able to download / install / authorize AmpliTube 5 MAX and and T-Racks 5 CS through the IKPM. Click the [Products] tab under each main product name to see them (at least, that's how I see them here).

If the installers did not do it, do the same in the IKPM for the new Custom Shop program (currently v2.0.0). Run that program, log in, click your Account Name and select "Restore my Purchases".

Phew!. Now you should be able to run the standalone AT5 or TR5 program and configure their I/O settings. Then access of the gear models (loads in AT5 MAX and those 10 processors in TR5).

I may have missed something as I have not needed to do this, but let us know how it goes.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chrlswtt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks for the replies.It seems that I did fix the registration problem yesterday but out of frustration, I didn't go back to check until today. At the top of the 'My Products page, AXE I/O TrackS 5 is now showing yesterday's date.

I'm not really sure what I did but the last thing I tried was reinstalling the old Authorization Manger, which accepted the AXE I/O T-rackS 5 serial but the Product page still showed CS as my current version. Maybe I'm a bit slow OR maybe the process could be made a little more seamless, when working with old and new product serials.

Question, should the old Authorization Manger and Custom Shop apps be left installed. I removed them both because I thought it would cause confusion?
chrlswtt

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 pm

The IKPM is relatively new and I do not think that support for older products will be added.

In the IKPM, under T-RackS 5, what products are listed? Mine shows T-RackS 5 MAX, T-RackS 5 CS, the additional processors that I have bought (e.g. the Tape Machines) and some freebies that IK Multimedia offered.

I would think that your shows T-RackS 5 CS and the 10 bundled processors (maybe listed as one item?)

As for the old Authorization Manager: I think that you could download it again if needed, or just back-up the installer safely. I am not sure that the old Custom Shop works any more.

The IKPM and new Custom Shop should handle AT4, AT5 and TR5.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers