iRig Stomp I/O headphone output

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stomp I/O headphone output

Postby thisisfred » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Hey there,

I was lucky enough to get a Stomp I/O for Christmas and set it up. Really like how it's working flawless with AmpliTube 5 on my Mac. The only (and pretty major) issue I have is the headphone output. Whenever I connect my headphones directly to the headphone output of the Stomp the level is pretty low to the point that I can hear my guitar strings over the sound in my headphones. If I crank up the volume it clips to red and the noise gets really bad.

My setup:

Guitar -> Stomp I/O (USB to 2020 MacBook) -> Headphones (Beyerdynamic 250 Ohm / 32 Ohm)

Do I need a separate headphone amp to drive up the volume or is this an issue with the Stomp itself? If I plug the headphones into my Mac its significantly louder.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I really like the device / software to jam in my room.

Regards,

Fred
thisisfred

Re: iRig Stomp I/O headphone output

Postby roberto.deoc » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:44 pm

Hey Thisisfred... Did you ever solved this issue? I have the same problem, running Stomp I/O to my iMac, with AmpliTube 5 as well. I have ended up using the headphones through the computer, and keeping the gain control in the Stomp at 12, and the sound of the computer 3/4 of the way. This gives me control for clean presets to sound great, but in the end it would be more convenient for me to have the headphones connected to the pedalboard instead.

Best,
Roberto
roberto.deoc

Return to Interfaces & Controllers