AXE I/O — Amp Out question

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O — Amp Out question

Postby lagouyn » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Hello.

On the AXE I/O, does the Amp Out signal include any effects (stomp, amp, cabinet, etc) of the current rig, or is it an unaltered guitar signal?

Thanks.
lagouyn

Re: AXE I/O — Amp Out question

Postby lagouyn » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:41 pm

...adding on to my question...

Mostly, I’m looking for a good/best way to plug the AXE into my amp and hear all the effects.

Is that possible via Amp Out, or is there a different way to do this?

Thanks.
lagouyn

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:18 pm

Amp Out is made to be the dry output to send to your amp for reamping (so without any processing). You can send other outputs that will have the processing applied to a mixer/PA/amp/powered speaker/etc since AXE I/O is 2-in/5-out you should have outputs available and you can check and adjust your routing/etc in the AXE I/O Control Panel.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lagouyn » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding the other available outputs, is a device needed to make their signal suitable for connection to a guitar amp’s input?
lagouyn

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:38 pm

It would be line level so that's not the optimal signal, but there are also other considerations like turning off the cabinet emulation in AmpliTube because you are sending your signal into an amp which already has a limited range which then outputs to a cabinet which you don't want to "double emulate" further coloring the sound while also not being full range. The best practice is to output to something that is full range like a powered speaker, PA, or mixer attached to full range speakers.

You can see the output impedance, etc for the different outputs here on the AXE I/O Specs page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... hp?p=specs so you might want to check what is best suited for your amplifier's input between the 1/2 and 3/4 differently specs.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers