Can't AXE I/O control does not change from 44.1kHz

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Can't AXE I/O control does not change from 44.1kHz

Postby Yoss-X » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Hello,
I noticed that when I change the sample rate from 44.1kHz to any other value, for example 96kHz, it set it back to 44.1kHz, but only while AmpliTube 5 is running. If it's not running, then it keeps the new sample rate value. Any idea, what can cause this?
Yoss-X

Re: Can't AXE I/O control does not change from 44.1kHz

Postby dlgebert » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:03 pm

Yoss-X wrote:Any idea, what can cause this?

This is expected behavior and is documented in the AXE I/O User Manual:

Code: Select all
Sample Rate:

Here you can set the working sample rate for the AXE IO unit, from 44.1 to 192 kHz.

Remember than in most cases, DAWS and host applications will likely control this value by their end, not allowing it to be forced differently. For this reason, you might see this value to go back to its previous state when you attempt changing it.

Below is a link to the AXE I/O User Manual:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/index.php?p=manuals

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Yoss-X » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:04 pm

Not exactly. I've read the manual and it mentioned it indeed that if the DAW softwer does not support the required sample rate then it will revert to the setting before. But AT5 does support 96kHz sample rate, and what is missing from the manual - or maybe it could be tracked down - is that you can set up the sample rate in the Project settings and then it won't change it. But. I think it would be more helpful if you start AT5 it would ask whether you want to keep the sample rate set in the control panel or not, because what confused me it that I did not set ANY sample rate in AT5, only in the IO control and it alwasy reverted to 44.1kHz. And this was NOT mentioned in the manual.

dlgebert wrote:
Yoss-X wrote:Any idea, what can cause this?

This is expected behavior and is documented in the AXE I/O User Manual:

Code: Select all
Sample Rate:

Here you can set the working sample rate for the AXE IO unit, from 44.1 to 192 kHz.

Remember than in most cases, DAWS and host applications will likely control this value by their end, not allowing it to be forced differently. For this reason, you might see this value to go back to its previous state when you attempt changing it.

Below is a link to the AXE I/O User Manual:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/axeio/index.php?p=manuals

Dave
Yoss-X

Postby frozencube1771 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Ok so I just figured it out. In Amplitube you need to go to the File tab then click on PROJECT SETTINGS. There you are able to change the sample rate back to what you want. :D .
frozencube1771

Postby jonwneale » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:46 pm

I can change the sample setting in the project settings and in the Axe I/O control panel, but anything above the standard 44khz and the sound gets worse.

I'm just not sure what the limiting factor is.....

I have -
Axe I/O
Plugged into M1 Mac mini via usb.
Iloud Micro monitors are plugged into the AXE I/O into 1/4 inch left and right channels.

Im not sure if the speakers just can't handle the higher sample rate or if its an M1 Mac thing or something I'm missing.

Predominately Im using the mesa boogie amps in AT5 with an active pic up guitar (ESP Eclipse E11 :)).

Would really like to solve this if anyone can help :)
jonwneale

Postby jonwneale » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Ok I managed to get to the bottom of it - I was using my monitor as an extended hub with a usb going from the Mac into the monitor - and then the Axe I/O going into the monitor along with webcam etc.

So I think the problem was just the extended journey from the axe I/O to the monitor to the Mac. I connected it directly and the problem is solved :p.
jonwneale

Return to Interfaces & Controllers