Routing Specific Audio to iRig2's headphone jack

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Routing Specific Audio to iRig2's headphone jack

Postby eriklharper » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi,

I use an iRig2 with an iPod Touch. I run the Tonebridge app for guitar effects and I play backing tracks with the built-in Music app. I would like to route ONLY the backing track music through the stereo headphone output and ONLY the processed guitar sounds through the 1/4" amplifier output jack.

Is this possible to do with the iRig2, even if it requires extra software that can route audio from different apps to different places?

If this doesn't work on iRig2, is there any other IK interface that would be able to do this?

I want to do this because it is convenient to have all my backing tracks and guitar effects on a single small device and be able to play the backing track audio through the stereo input of my Roland Cube amp whilst being able to play the processed guitar sounds through the guitar channel of my amp so that I can also add amp effects to the signal before it comes out of the speaker.

Right now I have to turn off all of my amp's effects when I'm playing along to backing tracks because adding delays, choruses, reverbs, etc. to the backing track audio + the guitar sounds doesn't sound right as you can imagine.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!
Erik
eriklharper

Return to Interfaces & Controllers