Crackling on iRig Pro Duo with Sampletank

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Crackling on iRig Pro Duo with Sampletank

Postby aluncrewe » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:13 pm

I'm using Sampletank 4 on Windows 10 and just previewing the sound on the interface keyboard is producing crackling on the audio output. If I play audio files through the interface there's no problem. It just seems to occur with Sampletank 4.
I saw that another user had similar problems using a different software and the suggestion was to change the ASIO buffer size but where do I find that?

Thanks in advance. Alun
aluncrewe

Re: Crackling on iRig Pro Duo with Sampletank

Postby aluncrewe » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:32 pm

OK, so in the meantime I've found the buffer size control in preferences and I can reduce the crackling by increasing the buffer size to 2048 samples but then I get stuttering on some of the notes and I still get some crackling. Any insight would be welcome.
aluncrewe

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:46 pm

You should be able to get a much lower buffer setting with any proper audio interface. What ASIO interface are you using?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aluncrewe » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:06 am

What ASIO interface are you using?

Hi Peter,
Do you mean what hardware am I using or the software driver?

The hardware interface is an iRig Pro Duo and the driver is the standard one. I downloaded the latest I believe which is v4.8.2

Thanks, Alun
aluncrewe

Return to Interfaces & Controllers