AXE IO Solo Driver Error (Windows 10}

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO Solo Driver Error (Windows 10}

Postby klemon » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello from Canada. My order arrived yesterday for the AXE IO Solo interface. I initially encountered 2 problems, 1 of which I have solved thanks to other posts on this forum, Initially when plugging the USB cable directly from the hardware into my laptop USB port, the interface did not fully power on. The front panel lights would briefly flicker, but the red USD indicator light would not go on. I now have the USB cable from the interface going to a USB 2.0 hub, which in turn is connected to the USB port on the laptop. The red USB light is now lit as expected on the interface panel. 

However, despite multiple installations of the AXE IO Solo control panel and drivers, there is an issue with the driver. I am running Windows 10 Home on a brand new laptop. When I check for the AXE device under Windows "Devices and Printers" the AXE IO Solo appears as an Unspecified device. Checking on the device properties, it lists Device Type as "IK Multimedia USB Audio Devices" and shows the messages "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" and "Device USB\VID_1963&PID_006E\0100788 requires further installation." The Driver Date is specified as 2020-07-14.

I ran the installation after first installing the IK Product Manager. I did notice under the available downloads for the AXE IO Solo hardware, there is a Software as well as a Drivers download. But they both download a zip file of the same name and size and I get the same result whichever I run for the install. The zip file name is "AXE_IO_SOLO_Control_Software_(Ver.1.0.0)".

My Windows 10 Home version is 20H2 and the OS build is 19042.685. If anyone has done a recent installation on Windows 10, are they able to verify the driver date of 2020-07-14?
Any help is much appreciated. Cheers.
klemon

Re: AXE IO Solo Driver Error (Windows 10}

Postby klemon » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:25 am

So I ran the install on my old laptop and everything worked fine. I could connect the hardware directly to the laptop without going through the USB hub. And the interface was status green on the control panel. No issues at all, although the old laptop is lacks CPU and memory to run the interface and the DAW efficiently.

My old laptop also runs Windows 10 Home but with Version 1909 and OS Build 18363.1198 so I am going to email support to see if the more recent Windows build on my new laptop has been certified on all their software/drivers.

Has anyone here managed to run a clean install on Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and OS build of 19042.685 ?
klemon

Re: AXE IO Solo Driver Error (Windows 10}

Postby klemon » Fri May 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Issue finally resolved after following a tip from another post. I updated my Windows BIOS and all is good now.
klemon

Return to Interfaces & Controllers