iRig Acoustic Stage modification

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Acoustic Stage modification

Postby Farback » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi all,

I recently bought the iRig Acoustic Stage as its functionality looked ideal for my needs/wishes.

When I tried the mic clipped at the sound hole of my nylon strings guitar I thought the signal was a bit weak.

As I had seen other products allowing the mic to be positioned inside the body, I let the mic sink a bit through the sound hole hanging on the wire, and I thought the sound was much better.

I have done therefore the following modification, highly non professional but functional:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cf60t05qa71i3 ... 0.jpg?dl=0
I think the sound is much better and I can experiment with positioning the mic at different positions.

I also tried it on my steel-string guitar, and there the mod is still effective but the unmodified basic sound is better than on the nylon string guitar.

I wonder if there is a specific reason IK multimedia did not adopt a similar solution, as it would in my opinion make their product more attractive and from nice to very good.

Stefano
Farback

Return to Interfaces & Controllers