axe io software out dated message

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: axe io software out dated message

Postby randy6k31 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:25 pm

[mod redacted - please review the rules linked at the top of each page and the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505 - Please also review the guidelines about what to do in the case where you feel your support ticket is not being handled to your satisfaction]
randy6k31

Postby inVINSONable1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:08 am

Also having this exact same issues. Tried reinstalling 2-3x but that caused driver issues for my IRig Stomp IO and Axe IO. I tried wiping all software clean and only using the update but that falls short because you must start with the old and update to the new. Another huge problem that separates IK is you can't just grab your drivers as they force you to update through the software.
Since I finally received my Axe IO this has been the only issue software wise. [mod edit - tech support is the proper avenue, and please review the rules before posting again, including the rules about moderation specifically, thank you]
inVINSONable1

Postby Ramses2ii » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:48 pm

Hello,

I can again confirm that on 22nd of November 2021 I created a support request to IK-Multimedia on this matter and it was answered:

"A request for support has been created and assigned #8509407. A representative will follow-up with you as soon as possible."

On the same day the case was closed with the following information:

"This is a known issue we are working on now and the update will be out to resolve this. Jason W - Technical Support Supervisor"

The latest release 1.2.0 dated 06-10-2020 is still the newest one to download. The previous version was 1.1.0, dated 2019-04-17, so this is nothing unusual that the gap between releases is so long. It seems that AXE I/O is a quite simple device softwarewise and there is not much to improve. I know this error message does not do harm and doesn't affect the product's technical quality, but it is still very annoying. All my guitarist friends laugh at me when I introduce my new gear and the show begins with an error message.

In this thread there is also discussions that this error message may not show to all AXE I/O users. So, I guess, to put some speed to this update, I encourage all of you who have this error message showing up on every startup to create a support ticket to IK-Multimedia.

This is how to do it in two minutes:

Get your AXE I/O serial number ready, it will be needed.

The support form is not the easiest one to find. Login to the IK Multimedia web pages, and then from the front page go to Menu - Support - Contact support. You will be shown different options in squares: Hardware, Software, Mobile Apps, Sales&Other. Click on any of those, maybe Hardware or Software would be the right one, but it doesn't matter. You will see a list of quick solutions. None of those match our problem. You need to click on Need additional help - search FAQ on the bottom of the page.

There is no FAQ search that would match this problem, so look up and see the small text on center of the upper part of the page:

"If you could not find an answer to your problem in our FAQ pages please submit a Tech Support Form."

Click on the "Tech Support Form", it is a link. It will take you to the support request form. The form is quite straightforward, the only thing you need to have ready is the serial number of your AXE I/O. I wrote to the subject field "AXE I/O Control Software software outdated message" and then with some words described how the error message comes up, and that I have the latest release for sure.

You will be answered the same way I was, "This is a known issue...", but the more of us gives this feedback I'm sure it will help IK-Multimedia to put some more effort to fix this. And maybe there are some more good fixes listed also, which will be introduced in the new version.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Postby artmapa » Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:07 am

Purchased AXE I/O last October but just set it up just now.
The annoying message pops up as well for me. I read that a fix was coming a couple months ago but I don't see it. My Control Software is 1.2.0.
Is there an update after all?
artmapa

Postby Ramses2ii » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:24 am

artmapa wrote:Purchased AXE I/O last October but just set it up just now.
The annoying message pops up as well for me. I read that a fix was coming a couple months ago but I don't see it. My Control Software is 1.2.0.
Is there an update after all?

No, there is no update yet. We are still in same situation that was months ago.

It may be a good idea for you to create a support ticket, too, to put some more pressure to the AXE software development team. I wrote instructions how to do it quite easily some time ago in this thread.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Postby lee » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:35 pm

[mod redacted - please review the forum rules, specifically with regard to moderation and the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" for further information]
lee

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:55 pm

I was alerted that this thread was getting a bit out of control, but beyond that if you need to know the status of any issue please always reply to your related support ticket first as this is a user-to-user forum with general IK information and announcements posted. Anything beyond that must be handled through IK Support as the moderators/admins are not on the support team and cannot provide direct technical support.

That said... I also checked on the issue that is the topic of the thread and I am told that the update should be posted soon so you will be able to update your AXE I/O Control Panel software and drivers in the near future. If you need more specifics, IK Support can answer your question.

Since this issue is resolved to the extent that it can be on this forum, I will be locking this thread. If you still have issues after then next update is released please let IK Support know and they will assist you with that. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to Interfaces & Controllers