Manson XY Pad into Axe I/O Midi possibilities

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Manson XY Pad into Axe I/O Midi possibilities

Postby Fidesh » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:25 pm

Hi,

I recently acquired a Manson with a MIDI XY Pad. This pad sends basically 3 values, cc#12 for X axis, and cc#13 for Y axis, both sending a value between 0 and 127. And cc#00 that is 127 when the pad is touched, and 0 when it's not. This same cc#00 value is also controlled by a hold switch just behind the pad (that switches the value between 0 and 127 at each press)

This has been designed to work with Digitech Whammy and Korg Koass out of the box. But I'd like to use it to do whatever I want. I never played on sim amps, but that's where I want to go.

So here is my question: Is there a way with Axe I/O and Amplitube to program whatever I want? Here is an example of what I'd like to do:
If i press the top left of the XY Pad (let's say x between 0 and 63, y between 63 and 127), then I activate/deactivate an effect. Bot left, another effect, and for the right part I want to use it as a whammy. Is that even possible?

I think at it and I see 3 options:
- It's directly possible, as Axe/amplitube integrates this?
- It's possible, but using a 3rd party software like Midi Translator Pro from Bome - Here is my theory on how it would work:
-- I would input the Axe midi input into Midi Translator Pro
-- Into Midi Translator Pro, I'll be available to say "If x is bewteen 0 and 63 and y 0 and 127, then switch cc#20 to 0 or 127", and "If x is between 63 and 127, copy y value to cc#21"
-- Midi translator pro would be put as a MIDI input of AmpliTube, and from there hopefully I could set my different cc values to control different pedals/effects

Well this is only theory, if it works with the 2nd solution, what about the latency then?

I'd like to be sure on how it would work and if it will work before buying any product :)

Thank you very much for the help,

Fidesh.
Fidesh

Return to Interfaces & Controllers