Is there a way to estimate shipping costs?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Is there a way to estimate shipping costs?

Postby Kinketsu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:09 am

I'm looking to buy the "AXE I/O + AmpliTube 5 MAX Bundle" for shipment to Canada.

Is there any easy way to see what the shipping arrangements/cost would be, without getting deep into using Jampoints and providing credit card info, etc? (I've never understood why websites won't tell you everything about the transaction, before the financial transaction begins.)

Thanks for any info.

K
Kinketsu

Re: Is there a way to estimate shipping costs?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:48 pm

The best thing to do is contact Sales/Account Support, via here. You will be able to search the FAQs first, but if they do not resolve your issue, there is a link at the top to a Support form. Sales Support can look at your Account and do a manual estimate / quotation of the costs. Response time normally is within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time. Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your Account.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:23 am

Unfortunately right now this deal is competing with Black Friday deals here ... I can't wait 2 working days.

If I try to go through the steps the IK checkout procedure threatens to process payments before I can see what the whole thing is going to cost.

*Maybe* if I redeem JamPoints and then back out of the sale, the JamPoints come back. Can't tell without trying.

*Maybe* shipping is free to Canada. Can't tell without allowing the payment to "process". Possibly it's a validation step only, but who knows?

*Maybe* there's an option to cancel after that step.

Why can't I get a final total for everything all included before it (appears to) start taking my money? Ridiculous web shop design. I shouldn't have to contact support to find out what my purchase + shipping is going to cost.

Sorry to rant. (I'm Canadian, I'm obligated to apologize ;-))

K
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:12 am

The shipping is calculated before any payment method information is entered.

You should also have a dropdown where you can choose different methods. You're likely purchasing something with free ground shipment. Try changing that dropdown and you'll see the price for each method.

Nobody has to contact IK Support for shipping costs before they fully check out.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:27 am

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

It did ask for a shipping address separate from billing address, but the third panel was payment info. It knows I'm in Canada and won't let me change that field, and nothing about the page changed when I selected any available options. In any case, the options were geographical ... nothing about shipping method.

The experiment I ran was to try to check out with Paypal, just to see if it would route me to Paypal before giving me any info about shipping ... and yup, it did. I stopped at that point.

I shouldn't be having to authorize the transaction with any method of payment without seeing a full statement of how much I'm paying, what shipping method will be used, etc etc.

Most likely there's a confirmation step further down stream, but I can't see that ... it's disconcerting. If shipping is free to Canada, that will be surprising but wonderful ... but unfortunately it definitely hasn't SAID so.

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:39 pm

You may still want to contact support because there definitely is shipping rate confirmation before payment method entry or authorization. They can figure out why that is not happening for you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:42 pm

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Thanks for posting that, Peter.

My page looks just like that, except there's no line for Shipping Method, just a Subtotal and Total, which match one another. (In my case $399.99, the price of the bundle.)

Puzzling.
Kinketsu

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:28 pm

Meanwhile, here in the UK:

Mind you, that look like Italian (EU?) VAT at 22%, not UK VAT (20%)

Can you try a different Browser?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kinketsu » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:16 pm

Thanks for the ongoing input, guys.

I've tried multiple browsers, the result is the same ... no "Shipping Method" line, and also no mention of tax.

If the product ships from USA, then free shipping would be unusual, especially since there's a process of getting the package across the border that leads ultimately leads to Canadian taxes due, and that requires effort and cost on somebody's part.

If IK Multimedia imports these in bulk and then ships from Canada, then free shipping would be more common, but then I think there would be expectation that the applicable Canadian taxes would be collected by IK Multimedia.

So ... the purchase page saying nothing at all about either shipping or tax is very strange. I've submitted a ticket to Support, we'll see what they say.

Thanks,
K
Kinketsu

Postby ivancs50 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:57 am

Hey K, did you end up getting the product in the end? If so, how much did you end up paying in the end on top of the purchase price ($399)? I am just wondering about the exact same thing. Thanks!
ivancs50

Postby Kinketsu » Tue May 11, 2021 4:59 am

ivancs50 wrote:Hey K, did you end up getting the product in the end? If so, how much did you end up paying in the end on top of the purchase price ($399)? I am just wondering about the exact same thing. Thanks!

I ended up getting the product, but obtained it by ordering it from Long & McQuade. The only issue is it took a long time to get here (something like 4 months). Also during 2020, I ordered a set of IK speakers from a different local retailer and they also took about that long. I don't know if this is Covid related or just an generic issue with IK and their (foreign?) retailers.

K
Kinketsu

Postby ivancs50 » Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 am

Thanks K! I did notice that it is out of stock at Long & Mcquade and was wondering precisely about that. 4 months is quite a bit! Good you got it in the end though. :)
ivancs50

Postby bwademusic » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:30 pm

It's now March 2022. I'm in Canada trying to order a similar package (Axe IO/amp5) and it shows $0 to ship to Canada with no drop down menu to see shipping options. I still have my cart up on the screen till I find out what to do. Put in a request for support but haven't heard anything yet. Was their any other conclusion to this problem other than buying at Long & Mcquade? I did have jam points to apply and I assume I don't get that at Mcquade plus their price right now does not reflect the sale price that IK has listed...I'd appreciate any help I can get...thanks...Brett
bwademusic

Postby gilland » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:25 pm

It’s now Christmas 2023. I found this thread last month when I had the same question, as the Axe IO/Amplitube/Tonex Max bundle was on sale, but wasn’t even able to get the shipment method answered by support. I took a chance because I had enough points that were expiring to make it worth trying, though, and it turns out shipping was International Economy FedEx Air and the charges were just PST, GST, and a $10 brokerage prepayment fee and it arrived in three or four days. Since even support couldn’t seem to tell me, it isn’t like I can guarantee this will be everyone’s experience, but my personal experience was my best case scenario and I emailed support back after to tell them that rather than making potential customers wonder, they might want to actually promote their Canadian shipping, as it really should qualify as a selling point!

I hope this helps any Canadians with the same questions in the future!
gilland

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers