iRig Pads editor

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pads editor

Postby joe.gillespie » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:55 pm

I have just bought an iRig Pads and was disappointed to find that the editor is not compatible with Big Sur. Is a fix in the works?
joe.gillespie

Re: iRig Pads editor

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:37 pm

Please check out the Big Sur thread at the top of this forum.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby joe.gillespie » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:35 pm

Too late, I had already updated to Big Sur before buying the iRig but really, this app hasn't been updated since 2015. An update is overdue as Apple update the security requirements often. OSX Betas are available to developers for testing well in advance.
joe.gillespie

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:15 am

Apple's betas are notoriously not what gets released. The best way to find out if there is a fix in the works is to contact IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support as they would have more direct information about that.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wmferguson » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:36 am

The Pads Editor is 32 bit and hasn't been compatible with the latest Mac OS since 2017. I'm really surprised that the pads editor hasn't been recoded for 64 bit. IK still sells the iRig Pads, but as of Dec. 1, 2020, Apple no longer services ANY operating system that accepts 32 bit apps.

When will the fix come?
wmferguson

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:24 am

wmferguson wrote:The Pads Editor is 32 bit and hasn't been compatible with the latest Mac OS since 2017. I'm really surprised that the pads editor hasn't been recoded for 64 bit. IK still sells the iRig Pads, but as of Dec. 1, 2020, Apple no longer services ANY operating system that accepts 32 bit apps.

When will the fix come?

Please reply to your support ticket for a status on your request or please open one if you have not already done so and the IK Support team can give you any information they have on this. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers