Stream NOT streaming

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Stream NOT streaming

Postby johneem » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:27 pm

hello, I have recently experienced a change in my iRig stream.

It will: record to voice memo on iPhone fine (usual LEDS showing green and red when knob turned up)

It Won't: Stream when going live on Facebook (Using the same levels as the voice memo test ONLY blue LED shows and it doesn't stream the audio) Only audio picked up on the stream is from the iPhones in-built microphone very frustrating

I am wondering if faulty cable or faulty iRig stream

Tried on iPhone SE(ver.2020) and iPhone 6s+
both with latest software updates

Many thanks

iRig stream purchased May 2020
johneem

Re: Stream NOT streaming

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Since this is a user-to-user forum, I hope some other users chime in but you would be best reporting your issue to the IK Support team via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not already done so as they will be able to provide direct and official technical support for this issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mchladil » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:10 am

Hi ...

I went through something similar to this yesterday with the iRigPre HD with several models of iPhone.

I narrowed it down to the following:

- Something to do with Facebook v295 (which came out on November 5th) prevents it from connecting directly to the iRigPre HD (and I would guess other external audio interfaces).

One of my test iPhones still had an older version of FB on it and that phone was still working properly. The phones that had the newer version would only display the dim blue light on the iRigPre HD -- and when streaming using FB live, I would get the sound from the iPhone's internal microphone.

The good news is that there is a work-around -- which IK Multimedia has used in the past:
[url]https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/irig-pre-hd-is-cutting-in-and-out-when-livestreaming/
[/url]
I'm linking to the Sweetwater version of the article, since I'm having a hard time finding the article here.

The basic idea is this:
- Download and install the iRecorder LE App on your iPhone
- Connect the IK Multimedia device to your Phone so it detects the digital audio interface
- Open the iRecorder LE app
- Configure the app as described above (enabling Background Audio)
- Put the app in monitoring mode (tap on the L R area on the left side of the meter). When you see the red microphone light up, you'll see signal coming into the device ... and on my iRigPreHD, I start to see the signal lights illuminating.
- Open Facebook and initiate your FB Live Session (but be sure you didn't close the iRecorder)

These steps work around something that it seems like Facebook broke.

I hope this works for you.

Michael
mchladil

Postby johneem » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:33 am

mchladil wrote:Hi ...

I went through something similar to this yesterday with the iRigPre HD with several models of iPhone.

I narrowed it down to the following:

- Something to do with Facebook v295 (which came out on November 5th) prevents it from connecting directly to the iRigPre HD (and I would guess other external audio interfaces).

One of my test iPhones still had an older version of FB on it and that phone was still working properly. The phones that had the newer version would only display the dim blue light on the iRigPre HD -- and when streaming using FB live, I would get the sound from the iPhone's internal microphone.

The good news is that there is a work-around -- which IK Multimedia has used in the past:
[url]https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/irig-pre-hd-is-cutting-in-and-out-when-livestreaming/
[/url]
I'm linking to the Sweetwater version of the article, since I'm having a hard time finding the article here.

The basic idea is this:
- Download and install the iRecorder LE App on your iPhone
- Connect the IK Multimedia device to your Phone so it detects the digital audio interface
- Open the iRecorder LE app
- Configure the app as described above (enabling Background Audio)
- Put the app in monitoring mode (tap on the L R area on the left side of the meter). When you see the red microphone light up, you'll see signal coming into the device ... and on my iRigPreHD, I start to see the signal lights illuminating.
- Open Facebook and initiate your FB Live Session (but be sure you didn't close the iRecorder)

These steps work around something that it seems like Facebook broke.

I hope this works for you.

Michael

THANK YOU MICHAEL
I did try the workaround on the IK website but they omitted the crucial element:
"Put the app in monitoring mode (tap on the L R area on the left side of the meter). When you see the red microphone light up, you'll see signal coming into the device ... and on my iRigPreHD, I start to see the signal lights illuminating."

All is working now
many thanks for the advice Michael - excellent stuff

John
johneem

Return to Interfaces & Controllers