iRig Stream: problem Instagram or Facebook live streaming

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stream: problem Instagram or Facebook live streaming

Postby PaoloFar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello everyone,
I have the following problem with a newly purchased iRig Stream.

I use a PC with a DAW to generate the sound, and I use the RCA output of a Focusrite Scarlett Solo to connect to the input of the iRig Stream, via RCA cable.

I connect the iRig Stream, with the supplied cable, to a Xiaomi Mi 8 with Android 9.
If I use the latest version of the official iRig Recorder 3 app (except for some iRig Stream recognition issue), I am able to record video with PC generated audio.

But when I try to do a live stream via Instagram or Facebook, the audio is extremely distorted and full of noise: unacceptable for a live.

What am I doing wrong?

I have already tried to follow the instructions contained here in points 2 and 4:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1272

I'm already waiting for a response from the assistance, but I thought I'd also contact the forum, maybe some users can help me in the meantime.

Thanks!
PaoloFar

Re: iRig Stream: problem Instagram or Facebook live streamin

Postby unshazamable » Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:32 pm

I just experienced the same issue. Audio worked find during test video captures on the iphone camera.

Then was super distorted on Instagram Live and Reddit Sessions....

I did some detective work, and have no solid answer for you other than the high probability of the black cable on the top of the iRig getting disconnected. The thing baaarely holds in there so any kind of stress on the cable will leave you with no audio or distorted audio.

I am likely going to duct-tape that top black cable on the device to prevent this.

Also, make sure you can always see the Green light on the iRig to ensure its not too low or too high. When I had my error set yesterday, I didn't have the light in clear line of sight, so I'm actually not sure what the status was during that first error set.
unshazamable

Postby Armistead112 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:22 am

unshazamable wrote:I just experienced the same issue. Audio worked find during test video captures on the iphone camera.

Then was super distorted on Instagram Live and Reddit Sessions....

I did some detective work, and have no solid answer for you other than the high probability of the black cable on the top of the iRig getting disconnected. The thing baaarely holds in there so any kind of stress on the cable will leave you with no audio or distorted audio.

I am likely going to duct-tape that top black cable on the device to prevent this.slope unblocked

Also, make sure you can always see the Green light on the iRig to ensure its not too low or too high. When I had my error set yesterday, I didn't have the light in clear line of sight, so I'm actually not sure what the status was during that first error set.

That is very strange. Although I’m not using the iRig, my Mac is much older and can get a very playable latency.
Armistead112

Postby arunF1om » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:35 pm

I am having the same issue!! :shock:
arunF1om

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:26 pm

arunF1om wrote:I am having the same issue!! :shock:

If the FAQ in the OP or other posts by users do not help you, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers