irig keys 2 pro issue

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

irig keys 2 pro issue

Postby crosscloud » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:41 am

I read a locked thread where irig keys 2 49 key users were experiencing connection drop outs unless USB power was cycled. I have a brand new irig keys2 Pro 37 key that acts similarly. When I restart the iMac each morning with the irig keyboard plugged directly into an internal USB port on the iMac the keyboard will not communicate with any sound creation software unless I cycle the USB power by unplugging/replugging the USB cable. Has this issue been solved yet? The IK Multimedia tech support rep told me it is an issue with Apple's handling of external devices upon wake up. Of course the Apple tech support called BS on that. Anybody else found a better remedy?
crosscloud

Re: irig keys 2 pro issue

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:09 pm

As you are already in touch with Support, please reply to its email, with the info from Apple and request further guidance.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby crosscloud » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Darkstar, Here is a cut/paste from the email reply I received from the IK Mulrimedia tech support group: "Per the knowledge base article, this appears to be related to how the computer handles externally connected devices on wake. This is not something we have control over." Oh, really? My Focusrite Scarlett I/O device wakes up and communicates with the iMac upon computer startup. But the irig keys 2 Pro does not. How is this something to do with the way the iMac handles externally connected devices on wake? Somethings wrong here and it isn't getting any righter.
crosscloud

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:47 pm

You should reply to the Support email explaining that your Focusrite interface reacts suitably but the iRig does not; and ask for further guidance.

-------------------------------------------------
Please note that normally publishing direct quotes of information from Support contravenes the forum rules and such quotes will be removed. This is because they can be specific to your particular situation and could mislead other users. In this case, as it only references a FAQ i have left it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Vircci » Wed May 18, 2022 4:47 am

I have the same problem with iRig Keys I/O on Win10 and Win11. Support haven't replied me. The thread on this forum was been ignored. [mod redacted - please review the rules]
Vircci

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 18, 2022 1:47 pm

This forum is primarily to users, not official Technical Support.

Maybe no-one replied to your other thread as they did not have the same problem.

You can Reply to any relevant email form Support at any time asking for a progress report / guidance etc. And the forum Guidelines thread describes what to do if you are not happy with the responses from Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ned@getnmd.com » Sun May 28, 2023 5:18 pm

I have the same problem and thought was user error. I have not heard from support and have a Nektar and Roland that work perfectly. The Ik shows up but won’t play. Sometimes it will but mostly not. A huge waste of time.

Is there any work around? The keyboard is useless in its present state.
ned@getnmd.com

Return to Interfaces & Controllers