AXE I/O Firmware Update FAIL

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O Firmware Update FAIL

Postby LegacyRocksDallas » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:11 am

GOt a new Axe I/O yesterday, and event though all instructions have been follwed, machine restarted, etc. the firmware updater fails because it says it cannot download the firmware to do the update.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions that involve downloading firmware first to the Windows 10 PC and then updating?

Scott
LegacyRocksDallas

Re: AXE I/O Firmware Update FAIL

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:49 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mark@scrumpy.vip » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi, not sure this helps at all but I have had AXE I/O for about 3 months and today when I connected I got the message saying the software needed updating (I'm running Mac OS) and when I clicked the link I had to download IK Product Manager. I was then able to download the new software (Version 1.2) which then went onto update the firmware (V.1.05). Previously I had run the Firmware Updater but it didn't come up with anything new.
Hopefully you can get it working.
mark@scrumpy.vip

Postby LegacyRocksDallas » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:22 pm

Fixed by moving to a different port on PC.
LegacyRocksDallas

Postby Deepdive808 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:55 am

LegacyRocksDallas wrote:GOt a new Axe I/O yesterday, and event though all instructions have been follwed, machine restarted, etc. the firmware updater fails because it says it cannot download the firmware to do the update.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any solutions that involve downloading firmware first to the Windows 10 PC and then updating?

Scott

I unplugged the usb during the update. That fixed it.
Deepdive808

Return to Interfaces & Controllers