iRig Pro Duo Connectors

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo Connectors

Postby Guitarfish » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:52 am

I've been happily using my iRig Pro Duo with my aging iPad Air 2 for a while via the included Midi DIN - Lightning connector.

The iPad battery life is now down to about 2 hours under light load, so time for an upgrade.
The new iPad Air 4 is looking appealing, which has moved on to a USB C connection.

I can see that the Duo Pro is currently advertised with a USB C connector, but looking at the leads that came with my Duo, I have the lightning connector, USB A, and what appear to be two micro-USBs - no USB C :?

I didn't pay any attention to the other leads at the time as I only needed the lightning connector. Did I get short-changed a USB C lead?
I'm in Australia and these leads are listed as $59 locally :shock:
I would obviously prefer not to add that on to the cost of my iPad upgrade.
I purchased this direct from IK. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed after 2 years?
Guitarfish

Re: iRig Pro Duo Connectors

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:51 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Blackliquid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:23 pm

No, you didn't get short changed. My iRig pro Duo didn't come with that cable. The latest version of the iRig pro Duo does come with it. I literally just bought the specific cable and it arrived today. I required it to connect with my GoPro so I can input a digital audio signal into the GoPro. The aim is to get crystal clear music audio broadcasting out of the GoPro to my online destination. I haver the hero 7 Black. looks like I may have to go up to the 8 Hero black.
Blackliquid

Postby Guitarfish » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:36 pm

I’ve just realised that the current model is the iPad Pro Duo ‘I/O’, and I think the leads changed when the model did, so I got the leads I should have at the time.

I’m still feeling that $60 is pretty outrageous for a lead.
I’m tempted to try a USB C converter on one of the existing leads. Any recommendations?
Guitarfish

Postby Blackliquid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:34 pm

I am in the states. I just picked one up from Amazon. $30. Is that pricing available to you?
Blackliquid

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:30 pm

We charge $/€29.99 for that cable, not $/€60. https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/c ... din-cable/

If you are in an area that has exorbitant taxes/customs/import/shipping fees, there may be dealers closer to provide IK products or our team may be able to guide you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Guitarfish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:11 am

Hi Peter

Unfortunately, the IK Webshop is saying "Arriving soon. More units arriving within 2 weeks" (and has been for at least a week).

I was quoting the local price RRP of $60 AUD (Australian) in my previous post (sorry, should have been clearer...)
I've found it marked down to $51 AUD, but interstate with $20 shipping.

I'll need a USB C adapter for other stuff, so may as well give it a try with an existing lead.
I know they can have issues, so just wondered if any were tried and tested with iRigs...

If it doesn't work, I'll put in a backorder for the proper IK lead.
Guitarfish

Postby Guitarfish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:38 am

Doh! Just realised that the new lead wouldn't work anyway with my existing PowerBridge, which has a hardwired lightning connection.

So my real question is, has anyone successfully connected an iRig to a USB C iPad via a Powerbridge and USB C adaptor?
Guitarfish

Return to Interfaces & Controllers