SOLUTION: iRig Stomp I/O MIDI in Logic Pro X

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

SOLUTION: iRig Stomp I/O MIDI in Logic Pro X

Postby conradisrugged » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:27 am

Greetings fellow musos,

I have had an issue getting Logic Pro X to recognise my MIDI inputs from my iRig Stomp I/O, I have searched and scoured wherever I can for a solution to this problem, and I can't get it to work.

I found a workaround to the problem, although not completely clean or tidy, it may be of assistance for live recordings using stomp and expression pedal in one take recordings.

I use Loopback app as an audio interface routing solution and have managed to set it up so that AmpliTube Standalone app is the input in Loopback and in Logic Pro X I select that Loopback interface option as an input in the Audio Settings. I then use AmpliTube Standalone app to record into Logic Pro X having full control and access using the iRig Stomp I/O.

Anyone familiar with AudioBus on iOS will understand how Loopback works. Anyone not looking to pay money for Loopback can use an open source solution called Sound Flower.
conradisrugged

Return to Interfaces & Controllers