All LEDs flash on AXE I/O and it doesn't work[Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

All LEDs flash on AXE I/O and it doesn't work[Resolved]

Postby Mgoteborg » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:22 am

Hi,

Up until now, my AXE I/O has been working fine. When I switched it on this morning, all LEDs are flashing and it does not show up on my computer (It doesn't seem to act as if it's connected to anything). Of course, I've tried all the usual things (turning it on/off, disconnecting all cables etc). I tried to update to the latest AXE control panel, but the installation can't finish because it "needs me to reconnect my AXE". As I said, it doesn't act as if it's connected to anything.

Does anyone know what the flashing lights signal? I've tried to find a troubleshooting guide but couldn't find it. And yes, I have contacted support but since it's a weekend I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone can help me in the meantime.
Mgoteborg

Re: Problem: All LEDs flash on AXE I/O and it doesn't work

Postby dlgebert » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:38 pm

Mgoteborg wrote:all LEDs are flashing and it does not show up on my computer

When I power my AXE I/O on, all the lights flash for a moment before the unit is operational. It sounds like it's not getting past the "cold boot" from power on sequence, and with every light flashing it sounds like some kind of hardware failure. I checked the user manual and there isn't an error code section. Hopefully you'll hear back from support soon.

Dave
dlgebert

Re: Problem: All LEDs flash on AXE I/O and it doesn't work

Postby Mgoteborg » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:13 pm

Thanks for the reply!

I've actually solved it on my own. I had borrowed the power cable from the AXE to use in another unit, and when I re-plugged it I had used the wrong cable. When I plugged in the cable that come with the AXE it started working as normal.

Just to clarify, it was a steady blinking of all LEDs (including the one on the tuner) so I really got the sense that my AXE was trying to communicate that this was an error that could be solved rather than a hardware failure. Firstly, I think it's really good that IK include things like that so you can understand that something is wrong. My feedback for IK would be to also include it in the manual or some troubleshooting section online so one can figure out what is wrong.
Mgoteborg

Re: All LEDs flash on AXE I/O and it doesn't work [ Resolved

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:10 pm

I am glad that you have got it sorted out.

Could you please report your findings to Support for possible inclusion in the trouble-shooting / user guide? And also ask what is special about the AXE cable.

---------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers