iRig Mic Lav into iRig Stream to Windows PC?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Mic Lav into iRig Stream to Windows PC?

Postby TomHol » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Has anyone tested this configuration?

And how about Mic Lav directly to the audio jack of a Windows laptop?
TomHol

Re: iRig Mic Lav into iRig Stream to Windows PC?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 pm

Yes, it works very well in the headphone jack on iRig Stream. Honestly almost like that functionality was mad for iRig Mic Lav.

I have never tried directly into the audio jack on a Windows PC but I don't think that will work well unless it is a combo input/output jack like those on smartphones or the iRig Stream headphone output/microphone input combo jack.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig Mic Lav into iRig Stream to Windows PC?

Postby TomHol » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks, Peter.

My Dell laptop from a couple of years ago has a combo jack as do, I suspect, most recent laptops with a single jack. It's also a smart router, detecting that something has been plugged in and asking one to identify what it is, from line input, speaker, microphone or combo headset. The issue might be whether it provides the right voltage for the microphone.

Maybe someone else can answer based on a test.

Tom
TomHol

Return to Interfaces & Controllers