Axe IO interface control panel software

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe IO interface control panel software

Postby masterburrfoot » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:16 pm

I just got an Axe IO off of Reverb. The seller said he had not registered the serial number. When receiving the package, there was no magical registration card. Okay, maybe he was lying. Whatever.

The fact is, I can't download the control panel to use with the Axe IO. I already have Amplitube 4 Max. I don't need the other software, I only need the software to run the Axe IO. I've searched the support pages, tried to contact support, and searched the forum pages. The only answer that keeps popping up is "software is not required."

Unless I'm missing something, software is ABSOLUTELY required to run the hardware if I want to utilize its features totally.

A simple download of the control panel software is all that is needed.

Please...some guidance as frustration is mounting. If I can't download the control panel software, then as another user put it, this piece of magical hardware is basically a paper weight.

Please Help!
Thans!
masterburrfoot

Re: Axe IO interface control panel software

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:34 pm

You should continue with Support; you can reply to the email from Support at any time.

To get the Control Panel software (and the ASIO driver?) I reckon that you will need to Register the hardware. Can you get the Serial Number from the seller? If not then explain the situation to Support, with the details of your purchase and they will see what they can do.

You may need to raise a dispute at Reverb too.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:48 pm

masterburrfoot wrote:Unless I'm missing something, software is ABSOLUTELY required to run the hardware

You don't mention if you have a PC or Mac. If you have a Mac, the AXE I/O is a class compliant device and requires no external drivers and can be used with Amplitube "as is". If you have Windows, IKM has a driver that you must use.

Unfortunately, the AXE I/O doesn't have the serial number on the physical unit itself. The long number under the barcode on the underside isn't it. I checked that against my AXE I/O registered serial number and it's not even close. Sometimes manufacturers hide it inside the unit, but in this case, it's not.

You could try installing the IK Product Manager and see if it will install the Control Panel software, if you haven't tried that yet and contact IKM support to see what options there are.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/demodownload/?a=axeiocontrolpanel

Dave
dlgebert

Postby bkeaton25 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:26 pm

I've actually ran into the exact same situation, only difference is I bought it through Amazon but it was the IK Multimedia store.

I've sent in a support request but have not heard anything just yet, only been a day though. Please let me know if you've had any luck.
bkeaton25

Postby Loskoczos21 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:19 pm

same here. I bought it at thomann as b-stock and the registration says, the product has been already registered to someone else. I just need the control panel.
Loskoczos21

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Loskoczos21 wrote:same here. I bought it at thomann as b-stock and the registration says, the product has been already registered to someone else. I just need the control panel.

IK Support can assist you too.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Loskoczos21 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Loskoczos21 wrote:same here. I bought it at thomann as b-stock and the registration says, the product has been already registered to someone else. I just need the control panel.

I opened a ticket allready but nobody replied to it yet.
This is the support ticket number #6682146

thanks,
Marcin
Loskoczos21

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:21 pm

Loskoczos21 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

I opened a ticket allready but nobody replied to it yet.
This is the support ticket number #6682146

thanks,
Marcin

Your ticket was opened on March 3rd afternoon and responded to this morning.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Loskoczos21 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 pm

Yes, the serial number has been cleared and I was able to register my audio interface and download the drivers.

Thank you and best regards.
Loskoczos21

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:36 pm

Great! As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers