iRig Keys I/O doesn’t turn on! Input blinks once in red

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys I/O doesn’t turn on! Input blinks once in red

Postby jasoncorea » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:19 pm

Hello,

I recently purchased an iRig keys 49 I/O. Worked great, really loved how it integrated my workflow plus the amazing apps from IK

Today after using it for a few days, while connected to my iPad the keyboard got stuck (wasn’t responding to any of the faders/pitch/octave sliders). I turned it off and on again but it just stopped working

A red light over the ‘input’ blinks once when I switch it to battery or USB from the off position. Same for iPad and Mac....simply does not turn on

Tried updating the firmware but the device does not get detected on my Mac anymore..

Has anyone had a similar experience? And hopefully a solution? Love the unit, hope it can be saved...
jasoncorea

Re: iRig Keys I/O doesn’t turn on! Input blinks once in red

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for joining in the conversation.

A blinking LED means your unit is low on batteries. If it is very low, the LED might not be able to blink too often before it powers off. For longer sessions, we suggest using Ni-MH, rechargeable batteries. These can hold a much longer charge when compared to Alkaline or disposable batteries.

When you can, try a new set of batteries or connecting your unit to Mac/PC. On Mac/PC no batteries are required, which will be the quickest way to see if it's a power issue.

I see you did mention the firmware update not detecting the unit. Make sure to use the iRig Keys I/O firmware updater, there are some general iRig updater downloads on the same page which won't see the unit. Do note, this update mainly adds the Main Stage Factory Preset. To see if your unit offers this, press ALT -> PRESET and look for F06. if seen, you are updated.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/firmware/

If you're unit shows nothing but a solid red LED when connected to Mac, and your positive you are using the proper updater. Please check with our support team for the next troubleshooting steps. Our team will get you up and running :) Send me a PM and I can flag your support ticket number with your details from here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

Best,
Ryan IK
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jasoncorea » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:26 am

Thanks Ryan, the issue is the same when it’s on USB/connected to Mac as well. Also the same with new batteries. A single red blink and that’s it...

I’m positive the updated is correct because I used it last week..

I have raised a ticket on this too (ticket #1715877)
jasoncorea

Postby jasoncorea » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:56 am

Update for anyone following this thread/going through a similar issue -

Ended up disappointed. Contacted support who asked me to update the firmware because a single red blink and the device not turning is fixed by updating the firmware.

Tried multiple times but there was no improvement. To which their response was to take the unit back to point of purchase and ‘hope’ they exchange/refund. No support given from IK unless purchased through their webstore and that too only as per warranty which is a year I believe. Quite risky for the premium price paid for IK hardware..

I am now stuck with a 300$ brick

Lesson learned, no more IK hardware for me
jasoncorea

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:16 pm

IK Support covers all products, no matter where they were bought, as long as it is legal.

As you recently purchased the product it should be still under warranty.

I would go back to Support and proceed as described here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal/index.php?R=warranty

Depending on the law in you country, the seller may be obliged to give you a refund.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mertzarkan » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi There,
I have exactly the same situation looking forward for your help.

A red light over the ‘input’ contuniesly blinks does not turn on
Tried updating the firmware but the device does not get detected.

looking forward for your help.
Best
mertzarkan

Postby grantrbanks » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:49 am

I had the same issue. Replaced the batteries and all seems to be working properly now.
grantrbanks

Return to Interfaces & Controllers