AXE I/O doesn't work switching applications. [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O doesn't work switching applications. [Resolved]

Postby Pinthar » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:30 am

Hello. First let me say this device is amazing, but I am having problems with it. Let me explain. If I turn on my computer and play YouTube, everything goes well; However if I switch to SoundCloud, or even the other videos from web sites, including the IK Multimedia web site, I get no sound, and the videos freeze. Youtube is saying restart my device. Why would my AXE I/O shut down my browser music sites. What's the problems. I have the latest firmware, etc. It also happens when I start my DAW. The drivers are finicky, and this slows down my production time. great piece of equipment that has faulty drivers.
Pinthar

Re: AXE I/O doesn't work switching applications.

Postby marcoskleine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:40 pm

I had similar problem, it ended going on sound properties and switch to 48khz/ 24bits.
marcoskleine

Postby Pinthar » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Yeah, me too, but still the problem persists.
Pinthar

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:26 pm

Only a guess ... YouTube is keeping the connection to the AXE I/O driver, so other applications cannot access it.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, for a definitive answer, the best thing for you both to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby marcoskleine » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Pinthar wrote:Yeah, me too, but still the problem persists.

The Box, "allow apps to take control of this device" is checked? If not try to check it and see what happens.
marcoskleine

Postby Pinthar » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:47 am

Yeah, great idea. The box, when checked, only allows the audio interface's ASIO driver to be used by my DAW. No other apps will play sound. If I deselect the box, then I can play other apps along with my DAW. In other words, I can play a backing track on YouTube, and play along with it using my DAW. This is where I am having problems because sometimes the apps work, and other times they hang up and I have to restart my browser. You'd think they'd have all this figured out by now. Anyhow, if I never turn off the device, I don't have problems. At least for now...but that might change in an hour.
Pinthar

Postby Pinthar » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am

SOLVED :D !!! IK Doesn't like USB 3.0. Plugged into USB 2.0 everything fine now. No issues so far.
Pinthar

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm

I am glad that you have resolved that problem.

To help other users, please report the problem to Technical Support, via here. There is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:31 pm

Weird, must be specific to certain motherboards/chipsets/etc. I have two of them plugged into USB3 ports with zero issues.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pinthar » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Weird, must be specific to certain motherboards/chipsets/etc. I have two of them plugged into USB3 ports with zero issues.

Yeah, you'de think it would work with my MOBO (Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. X470 GAMING PRO (MS-7B79) 1.0) Which is a pretty solid board. Confused why the USB 3.0 doesn't work with mine, but does with others, such as yours. Who gives a **** anyhow, as long as it's working and I can make the best of it. I agree, this thing changes everything. It's really good sounding.
Pinthar

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:52 pm

Please let Support know so that they can investigate.

--------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Interfaces & Controllers