loose headphone connection in irig2 hd

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

loose headphone connection in irig2 hd

Postby garysathome » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi all, I have an issue with the headphone connection on the irig2 hd if i move it cuts out, if i then move jack i can get it to come back on but its really sensitive to movement.

I was wondering if its possible to open and re solder don't want to break it trying to open as it is working just really frustrating with it cutting out. was wondering if anyone else has had similar issue and been able to fix.
garysathome

Re: loose headphone connection in irig2 hd

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:13 pm

It would be best to report this to IK Support as they can check your warranty status and take care of this officially.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garysathome » Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:25 pm

unfortunately there is no warranty on unit or i would have sent it back to be repaired as a faulty unit

I made mistake of purchasing a second hand unit on amazon it was a slightly better price than others and it works otherwise however it does seem to need repaired.

Thankfully i am handy with soldering iron so if its just a dry join should be easy fix i just wondered if it was a common issue and as easy to fix as i think it will be only concern i had was prying open the plastic but i found the screw hidden behind the silver ce mark at rear so should be fairly easy to check,
garysathome

Postby garysathome » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:25 am

An Update the problem was a broken soldered joint where the headphone jack joined the board and turned out to be a fairly easy fix now working perfectly.

It seems whoever originally purchased this unit did so then registered it and promptly sent item back the result being that even though I now own the unit and am happy with it I cannot register the product with IK which is a shame as it will make me think twice about purchasing any IK products in the future as without being able to register them there is no support for them which means any updates are not available. If I had known that I would not have been able to get updates for a product simply because it was purchased second hand I would not have bought it.
garysathome

Return to Interfaces & Controllers