Micro USB to USB C

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Micro USB to USB C

Postby rm.carr » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:49 pm

I'm trying to get this cable. Apparently you guys are the only ones who have it and its $29.95, which is a little like highway robbery considering the iRig HD 2 was $99.. so a third of the cost is this cable. Can someone please call SweetWater back and offer them a timeframe on when this can be shipped? Are they on back order? Are they made by Hobbits? Can we please get one (at least) shipped out? I've got a useless device at the house because the wrong cable was shipped to begin with. Lightning does not work with the new iPads. Thanks.
rm.carr

Re: Micro USB to USB C

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 am

As you consider that the incorrect cable was shipped initially, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one guidance. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rm.carr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:17 am

I think the wording needs to be cleaned up on product description. The FireWire cable DOES work on some iPads. The USB -C cables work on the new ones. There is no clear description on which is which. Now, I know (or least I thought I knew) I clicked the correct IPad cable connection type. Maybe I didn’t. Maybe I did and the wrong one shipped out. Bottom line is, if this cable is critical for use - there ought to be an easy way to swap via customer service. Or the cable shouldn’t cost 1/3 of the device cost. Sheesh. The other problem here is availablity. There is no difference where I’m ordering from, you have an agreement with that vendor to supply them with items. Now I - and any other customer that something like this happens to, has a brand new item, without being able to use it. Heck, put both lightning and usb-c in the box.

Continue contacting customer service here is irrelevant-UNLESS- they have a pile of these and can either supply me or the vendor with the cable. At the end of the day, that’s all I/we need. A way to swap because the product description isn’t clear.
rm.carr

Postby rm.carr » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Ticket opened, as requested. Lets see what happens.
rm.carr

Return to Interfaces & Controllers