AXE IO SOLO Problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO SOLO Problem

Postby Alfonsolopezm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Sorry for my bad English im from Chile

I just bought an AX IO SOLO and this there is no way that the usb light turns on when I connect it to the pc. I have downloaded drivers, updated windows, changed power options and there is no way. My USB outputs are 3.1 from my Acer NITRO 5. On other PCs like my brother's and my father detects it immediately. I have seen that there are many problems with the interface hopefully they can be solved soon because I would spend $ 250 to the garbage plus taxes.
Alfonsolopezm

Re: AXE IO SOLO Problem

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:31 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

But, as you posted, 2 out of 3 PCs that you have tried have detected the hardware OK. So clearly it is OK on those PCs but not your system for some reason. It is certainly not garbage.

--------------------
As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typos
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dlgebert » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:44 pm

Alfonsolopezm wrote:My USB outputs are 3.1 from my Acer NITRO 5.

The AXE I/O Solo is a USB 2.0 device. Are you using a USB-B 3.1 cable? According to what I found those cables won't work with a USB 2.0 device:

USB 3.1 is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, except in the following scenarios: USB-B 3.1 cables are not compatible with USB-B 2.0 ports.

Code: Select all
Specs
AXE I/O Solo Specifications
Common
AD and DA Resolution: 24-bit
Sampling Rate: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz and 192 kHz
Host Connection: USB Type-B receptacle. USB 2.0 (High Speed).

Are you using a USB hub? Those can cause problems with higher powered devices like these. The fact that you don't see lights is a power issue of some sort, not a software issue.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Alfonsolopezm » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi guys
I am using the cable that came with the ax io, I have never used a cable other than this one. Nor do I use a USB Hub, but I have found that it solves this problem for some, today I bought one and I am using it, now the ax io recognizes me through the USB hub, but even so it is very difficult for me since sometimes I do not it recognizes it and I have to reinstall drivers over and over again.
Alfonsolopezm

Return to Interfaces & Controllers