AXE IO drivers

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE IO drivers

Postby DangerColemn » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:15 am

I have an AXE IO and for the life of me cannot get it working. I downloaded the useless Product Manager but all i see are ads on it. I cant find drivers anywhere, ive tried 3rd party websites because the driver page on IK Media just says NO DRIVER DOWNLOADS FOR YOUR PRODUCT.

When i try to register my interface with the serial number i get a error code -1

Im beyond frustrated with this purchase and cannot get support because the Contact Support just leads to the FAQ page for the iRig which isnt even my product.
sending out an SOS
DangerColemn

Re: AXE IO drivers

Postby DangerColemn » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:20 am

I did purchase the unit 2nd hand and im hoping thats not the registration issue.
DangerColemn

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:49 pm

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/search_faq.php?quick=QUICKHW&&jfl1=11&jfl2=118&jfl3=

There is a [Contact Support] button on that page.

And I think that you would need to Register the hardware for it to be displayed in the Product Manager. Can you get the Serial Number from the seller?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DangerColemn » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:55 pm

I bought it used on Reverb... I doubt it. There is a number on the sticker on the bottom of the unit that I assume is the serial but it will not work
DangerColemn

Postby DangerColemn » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 pm

also, ive been to that help page many times. it doesnt work

I tried using the drop down menus to select the Axe IO, all it does is give me 4 FAQ searches, none related to drivers. and if i select the Axe IO in the drop menus and typer "Driver" in the search bar it only gives me results for the iRig.

I sent a contact support email im not even sure anyone will get, it just said "will respond within a few days".
I just need the driver files, they should be easy to find at least on their own companies website...

Im to the point id rather sell this and get something else but i dont want the guy i sell to to have this same issue. I just. need. drivers...
DangerColemn

Postby aeden_lebron » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:57 pm

I believe I'm having a similar, if not the same problem. Just got my AXE I/O Solo, got the control panel, and no matter what i do my computer (Macbook Pro) won't acknowledge that the interface is plugged in. The USB light stays off on the interface itself, the "state" light wont come on in the control panel, and it doesn't come up on the list of recording devices in my DAW. I'm thinking it is the driver situation. When i find the interface in the IK product manager and click download on the drivers, the button changes to "Downloading"... and then absolutely nothing happens. I am extremely frustrated and can't understand how they can sell a hardware product that just wont work due to software problems. Until i can get this resolved, I've wasted $250.

Any advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
aeden_lebron

Postby DangerColemn » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:25 pm

Aedon, I just looked at mine again. I dont have a USB light either.

In my control panel (product manager) there is no button for Drivers.
Im more frustrated theres no where to easily get the drivers on the website like a normal website.

Another sad thing is my interface doesnt appear in the Product Manager, im assuming its because I bought it used and cant register is because they wont take the serial.

Ive already listed it for sell on Reverb, having to explain im selling because i cant get it to work and its a potential risk buying it. I still hope someone in the forum can help before it sells.

The whole situation is rubbish and IK customer support is failing me.
DangerColemn

Postby dlgebert » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:25 pm

DangerColemn wrote:I just. need. drivers...

Are you on a Mac or PC? If you're on a Mac the AXE I/O is class compliant and doesn't require any external drivers. Also, if you have the original AXE I/O, then are you plugging it in using the included power supply? I don't usually ask this question, but I see you bought it used. If it's an AXE I/O Solo, then it's USB 2.0 powered.

If you're on a PC, then you have to use the dedicated driver provided by IK Multimedia. You can't get that from a third party site. As far as I know, the driver can only be downloaded with the Control Panel software in your User Area, but if you can't get the device registered, then it won't be listed.

If you're on a PC, definitely contact IKM support to see if they can get your unit registered. It may still be registered to the person that originally owned it.

Dave
Last edited by dlgebert on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:35 pm

aeden_lebron wrote:my computer (Macbook Pro) won't acknowledge that the interface is plugged in.

I have the original AXE I/O and there are no drivers because the AXE I/O is class compliant on a Mac and doesn't require external drivers. I'm not 100% sure if the AXE I/O Solo is the same, I would think it is.

Are you using a USB hub to plug it in? Are you plugging it in to a dedicated USB 2.0 connector?

Did you get a chance to review this FAQ?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
dlgebert

Postby DangerColemn » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:44 pm

I'm plugged straight into the desktop USB 3.0
Also your link just sent me to a bunch of drop-down menus.

Honestly I'm done with it. I wasted money, I'm trading it in today at a loss for something I know will work.

I'm done wasting time waiting for answers, it shouldnt be this hard just to get started.
IK customer support hasn't got back to me in 3 days, I'm done.
DangerColemn

Postby aeden_lebron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:49 pm

dlgebert wrote:
aeden_lebron wrote:my computer (Macbook Pro) won't acknowledge that the interface is plugged in.

I have the original AXE I/O and there are no drivers because the AXE I/O is class compliant on a Mac and doesn't require external drivers. I'm not 100% sure if the AXE I/O Solo is the same, I would think it is.

Are you using a USB hub to plug it in? Are you plugging it in to a dedicated USB 2.0 connector?

Did you get a chance to review this FAQ?

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply! I am using a usb hub into this laptop's USB C port, as it is the only connection it has. Could that be my issue? If so, is there an alternative method to use this interface with this laptop?

As for drivers, you could be right in that it doesn't need any. although that begs the question why they have an option to download drivers for mac at all for the AXE IO, which led to most of my confusion regarding that, haha.
aeden_lebron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:51 pm

You should still download the Control Panel (which is what you'll get when you download from the drivers area of your AXE I/O product) even though AXE I/O and AXE I/O Solo are class compliant. It is a great tool to use to make sure your AXE I/O or AXE I/O Solo is set up/routed/etc correctly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby dlgebert » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:02 pm

aeden_lebron wrote:I am using a usb hub into this laptop's USB C port, as it is the only connection it has. Could that be my issue? If so, is there an alternative method to use this interface with this laptop?

Some USB devices require a dedicated port because they draw so much power, especially devices that are USB powered. This is from the product spec:

Code: Select all
AXE I/O SOLO
USB A-Type to USB B-Type connection cable (1.5m/4.32ft)

I would check with support to see if they have a "C" to "B" cable that you may need, or to verify if you can use a USB hub.

aeden_lebron wrote:As for drivers, you could be right in that it doesn't need any. although that begs the question why they have an option to download drivers for mac at all for the AXE IO, which led to most of my confusion regarding that, haha.

The original AXE I/O doesn't have Mac drivers to download, so maybe the AXE I/O Solo requires them.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby aeden_lebron » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:05 pm

dlgebert wrote:
aeden_lebron wrote:I am using a usb hub into this laptop's USB C port, as it is the only connection it has. Could that be my issue? If so, is there an alternative method to use this interface with this laptop?

Some USB devices require a dedicated port because they draw so much power, especially devices that are USB powered. This is from the product spec:

Code: Select all
AXE I/O SOLO
USB A-Type to USB B-Type connection cable (1.5m/4.32ft)

I would check with support to see if they have a "C" to "B" cable that you may need, or to verify if you can use a USB hub.

aeden_lebron wrote:As for drivers, you could be right in that it doesn't need any. although that begs the question why they have an option to download drivers for mac at all for the AXE IO, which led to most of my confusion regarding that, haha.

The original AXE I/O doesn't have Mac drivers to download, so maybe the AXE I/O Solo requires them.

Dave

That USB hub situation is my most likely problem at the moment, I'll look into that further. I appreciate your time and assistance Dave, thank you! you have single handedly been more helpful than IK's entire CS team. Cheers.
aeden_lebron

Postby dlgebert » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:16 pm

DangerColemn wrote:Aedon, I just looked at mine again. I dont have a USB light either.

DangerColemn,

You mentioned that your unit does not have power either. If you have the original AXE I/O, it comes with its own power supply and will have several lights visible when turned on using the power switch in the back. You don't have to be connected to anything and it will still light up. Until you have power, drivers won't do anything.

Do you have the original AXE I/O, or the AXE I/O Solo?

Are you on a Mac or PC?

If you can reply to those two questions, then we can move forward.

Dave
dlgebert

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers