iRig 2 guitar sound cuts out

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig 2 guitar sound cuts out

Postby mpivalica » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:33 pm

Hi,

I am using iRig 2 with my old macbook pro 2011 in Logic X. And I have noticed that everytime when I play a chord or note and let it sustain, sound suddenly cuts - fade out fast.

Does anyone experienced this kind of problem and is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!
mpivalica

Re: iRig 2 guitar sound cuts out

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:42 pm

To me it sounds like there might be some gate enabled but might not be the case. Since no users have chimed in with similar experiences nor with suggestions, please open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct official support if you have not done so already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: iRig 2 guitar sound cuts out

Postby mpivalica » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:34 am

I have managed to find out what makes this problem. It is USE AMBIENT NOISE REDUCTION under system preferences/sound/input
When this option is checked, sounds cuts off (fade out) and you can feel that especially on open chords. However when this option is off, sound is fine but with lot more of noise od course.
Hope this will help someone.
mpivalica

Return to Interfaces & Controllers