iRig HD2 virtually no sound direct to amp via 1/4" jack

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig HD2 virtually no sound direct to amp via 1/4" jack

Postby blnelson05 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:25 am

So I just got this iRig HD2 today let me preface with that. I have it connected to an amp direct cable via the 1/4" jack on the iRig unit, I play exclusively on an iPad 5th gen. There is barely above a whisper coming out of the amp. Even if I turn all the knobs up, the volume slider on the unit, etc it's just quiet.

I've tried this in GarageBand, AmpliTube, ToneStack, Bias FX2, AmpKit. Each and every one is quiet via that amp jack.

Now when I connect to some monitors via the 1/8" jack on the iRig unit it's loud and cool, but I want 100% functionality of course. Anyone ever experienced this issue, did you get it resolved? I've contacted support already but curious if someone has a quicker response on this
blnelson05

Re: iRig HD2 virtually no sound direct to amp via 1/4" jack

Postby alanperks » Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:14 pm

I have exactly this problem. DId you get a solution?
alanperks

Re: iRig HD2 virtually no sound direct to amp via 1/4" jack

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:25 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem, but without directly quoting any correspondence from Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers