iRig Pro Duo input/output for singing live

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro Duo input/output for singing live

Postby TheSingerSarah » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:34 am

I purchased the iRig Pro Duo to use for livestreaming vocals through my condenser mic. I've been trying to figure out how to sing live to karaoke tracks, but I can't figure out how to manipulate the inputs and outputs so that both myself AND the audience can hear the instrumental track playing on my phone. When I've tested singing on FB live to tracks, I can hear both my mic vocals and the track through my in-ears through the iRig, but the live recording only picks up the microphone sound and not the tracks playing from the phone. Does anyone know if there's a way to workaround the interface so everyone can hear both? Or else the proper way to input another device (i.e. my computer or iPod) to play the tracks so both sides can hear it? Thanks!
TheSingerSarah

Re: iRig Pro Duo input/output for singing live

Postby Rcarnighan » Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 am

Your need:
1. an IPhone lightning (or adapter specific to your iphone) to 1/4 inch female adapter.
2. a 5-6 ft. 1/4 in. Male to XLR male cable
3. Plug the 1/4” of your cable into your iphone adapter
4. plug the male XLR end into an open XLR female channel on your iRig pro duo.
5. Re Audience: now you need 1/4 in speaker cables to plug into your monitor inputs on the iRig Duo Pro with the other end going to your powered speakers,, or your mixing board then on to your speakers.
Good luck
Rcarnighan

Return to Interfaces & Controllers