iRigKeys I/O Sustain Pedal problem

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRigKeys I/O Sustain Pedal problem

Postby jcrazyhooks » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:28 pm

Hi , I'm aware of delays during these times but I still have no answer about the sustain pedal not working on my new irig keys I/O . If anyone has the solution while I wait for my ticket to be answered. thanks John
jcrazyhooks

Re: iRigKeys I/O Sustain Pedal problem

Postby jcrazyhooks » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 am

This may have fixed it by looking at another product with same issueif anyones interested .
Edit : Gone again , not working after trying everything

iRig KEYS PRO supports both Sustain Pedals and Expression Pedals. Connect a NORMALLY OPEN sustain pedal to the jack 3 BEFORE connecting iRig KEYS PRO to the iOS device or to the computer. When the pedal is depressed, you will sustain all keyed notes until the pedal is released. iRig KEYS PRO sends MIDI CC#64 with a value of 127 when the pedal is depressed and a value of 0 when released.
jcrazyhooks

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:06 pm

I was able to flag down your case. Support should be getting back to you shortly.

It sounds like your sustain pedal might be the wrong polarity. Try using an add like MIDI Wrench to see if MIDI is making it from your pedal at all.

The easiest way to tell if your pedal is the wrong polarity for you keyboard is to play some notes using an app like SampleTank. If the notes sustain before you press the pedal and stop when you hold the pedal, this would indicate your sustain pedal might be the wrong polarity for this MIDI keyboard.

This is a free app on the Apple App Store.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/midi-wrench/id589243566

Note* Most expression pedals require a 1/4" TRS cable. If they don't include an attached cable, using a 1/4" TS cable can result in switch-like behavior from your expression pedal.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby jcrazyhooks » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks Ryan , I'll note that suggestion and look into it. I found the issue is with the irigs control surfaces that once installed in Logic pro X causes the sustain pedal to not work. When I delete the control surfaces all pedals work , but of course I don’t have the magic keys control on logic
Is there a way around this ?
J.
jcrazyhooks

Postby Ryan_IK » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:20 pm

jcrazyhooks wrote:Thanks Ryan , I'll note that suggestion and look into it. I found the issue is with the irigs control surfaces that once installed in Logic pro X causes the sustain pedal to not work. When I delete the control surfaces all pedals work , but of course I don’t have the magic keys control on logic
Is there a way around this ?
J.

Hmm. Interesting. I had one of my guys check it out and the Control Surface plug-in and sustain pedal are working properly together. It would be best to work with support directly here.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby Kemal.Soysal » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:29 pm

I have the same issue... but I have it with Garage Band.
With sample tank etc it works... but the surface control disables the sustain functionality when installed on garageband.

Is there any information for developers? So I would write an own surface control for it?
Kemal.Soysal

Postby Ryan_IK » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:54 pm

I found some information which should help some users here. Though, users should still check the basics like their Sustain Pedal Polarity and other suggestions in the thread.

In Logic Pro X, your software will look for any relevant messages to control it's Control Surface functions. To avoid Transport control or basic Control Surface use, set your iRig Keys I/O MIDI channel to 2. When you want to use the Control Surface functions, turn the MIDI channel back to 1.

To change the MIDI channel of your iRig Keys I/O follow these steps:

1) Press the EDIT -> Preset button
2) In this menu select GLOB (Global) -> KEY (Keyboard) using the DATA knob/rotary
3) Select CH and use the DATA knob to press enter
4) Use the DATA knob to scroll through available channels and then press down again to select this channel

Note: Altering this MIDI channel will also let your other MIDI CC messages, like MIDI CC 64 (Sustain) function as expected with a general MIDI controller.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Postby david.tiselius@gmail.com » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:33 pm

Thank you @Ryan_IK!!!
This was exactly my problem and your answer the solution!
david.tiselius@gmail.com

Postby freckerl » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Many Thanks from me to you you @Ryan_IK!!!, too. I searched YouTube etc. and hadn't found a clue.
freckerl

Return to Interfaces & Controllers