Cant change the Buffer size on the axe io

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Cant change the Buffer size on the axe io

Postby rabihz24 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi ya folks,
I got my AXE IO last night and all running well, except i cant change the Buffer size..Its stuck on 512 and greyed out in the control panel...
I can change the Khz tho with no problems...
rabihz24

Re: Cant change the Buffer size on the axe io

Postby dlgebert » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:36 pm

rabihz24 wrote:i cant change the Buffer size..Its stuck on 512 and greyed out in the control panel...

When you say "control panel", I assume you mean the audio configuration in either your DAW or the Amplitube 4 standalone program, because the AXE I/O Control Panel doesn't have a buffer setting.

I'm using Studio One 5 on an iMac and I can set my buffer size down to 16. Do you have a PC, or a Mac? Are you using a DAW or the Amplitube 4 standalone program?

Firstly, whether you're on a Mac or PC, when using your AXE I/O, make sure you are not using the ASIO4ALL driver. On a Mac, no external drivers are needed because the AXE I/O is class compliant. For Windows, IKM has their own driver that you must use and should be located in your user area under the AXE I/O product.

Peter_IK wrote:Our driver is not MME/DirectX it is an official ASIO driver. You should make sure you install the AXE I/O drivers & control panel from your IK User Area and use those drivers.

Also, when using Amplitube 4, make sure your AXE I/O is your input and output device. Don't use multiple devices in the Amplitube 4 standalone program, or in any DAW. This will introduce timing issues and cause snapping and popping. The device name should be exposed to MacOS or Windows as a USB device named "AXE IO" "2 ins / 6 outs".

Below is a link from IKM that should help getting your AXE I/O working properly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave
dlgebert

Postby rabihz24 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:52 pm

dlgebert wrote:
rabihz24 wrote:i cant change the Buffer size..Its stuck on 512 and greyed out in the control panel...

When you say "control panel", I assume you mean the audio configuration in either your DAW or the Amplitube 4 standalone program, because the AXE I/O Control Panel doesn't have a buffer setting.

I'm using Studio One 5 on an iMac and I can set my buffer size down to 16. Do you have a PC, or a Mac? Are you using a DAW or the Amplitube 4 standalone program?

Firstly, whether you're on a Mac or PC, when using your AXE I/O, make sure you are not using the ASIO4ALL driver. On a Mac, no external drivers are needed because the AXE I/O is class compliant. For Windows, IKM has their own driver that you must use and should be located in your user area under the AXE I/O product.

Peter_IK wrote:Our driver is not MME/DirectX it is an official ASIO driver. You should make sure you install the AXE I/O drivers & control panel from your IK User Area and use those drivers.

Also, when using Amplitube 4, make sure your AXE I/O is your input and output device. Don't use multiple devices in the Amplitube 4 standalone program, or in any DAW. This will introduce timing issues and cause snapping and popping. The device name should be exposed to MacOS or Windows as a USB device named "AXE IO" "2 ins / 6 outs".

Below is a link from IKM that should help getting your AXE I/O working properly.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?category=13&topic=axe-io

Dave

Thanks for the Reply Dave,
Im using the Axe Io latest drivers and in Amplitute stand alone its selcted in the Ins and outs...
Yes i can change the Buffer in my Cubase no problem and also in Amplitute stand alone..
What i meant was, I thought i can change the settings in the AXE IO control panel without loading a daw or openeing Amplitute..
Yes there is a khz and a buffer stting in the Axe IO control panel to the left..
Regards
rabihz24

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:20 am

rabihz24 wrote:Yes there is a khz and a buffer stting in the Axe IO control panel to the left.

I'm usually browsing these posts on my tablet and not on my iMac, so I don't have the software in front on me, but when I look at the screen print in the AXE I/O User Manual on page 23, it only shows on the left hand side the device connected status, MIDI In and Out, and in the "Configuration" section, "Sample Rate", "Direct Monitoring" and "Tuner", and no buffer settings. The software must have been updated and not the manual.

Later tonight I'll take a look on my iMac and see if it's greyed out for me as well. I've had the AXE I/O since it first came out, it must have been added later on... Below is text from the user manual and it doesn't mention buffer size. Note that manual does say your DAW may override the Sample Rate, so if you can change it there, you should be ok.

Remember than in most cases, DAWS and host applications will likely control this value by their end, not allowing it to be forced differently.

Code: Select all
To open the Control software:

After installing the Control software on your computer (refer to section 1.1 of this manual for more information) click the icon on your desktop to launch it.Assuming that your AXE I/O interface is connected to your computer with the USB cable, the Control app GUI

INTERFACE view:

Configuration section:

State:
This LED shows when an AXE I/O unit is connected and active.

MIDI IN, OUT:
These LEDs shows when there is MIDI activity on the AXE I/O physical MIDI ports.

Sample Rate:
Here you can set the working sample rate for the AXE IO unit, from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
Remember than in most cases, DAWS and host applications will likely control this value by their end, not allowing it to be forced differently. For this reason, you might see this value to go back to its previous state when you attempt changing it.

Direct Monitoring:
Here you can determine how the two input channels are mixed on the Direct monitoring path.
“Mono” means that both channels are mixed to mono. This is the most useful setting when you want to monitor one channel per time as this way the input channel will be monitored on both channels of your monitors or headphones.

“Stereo” means that channel 1 will be routed to the left side of your monitors or headphones, and channel 2 on the right side. This is the most useful setting when you need to monitor stereo sources, like stereo microphones, keyboards, sound modules etc.

Dave
dlgebert

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:13 am

rabihz24 wrote:Yes there is a khz and a buffer stting in the Axe IO control panel to the left.

dlgebert wrote:Later tonight I'll take a look on my iMac and see if it's greyed out for me as well.

I have the original AXE I/O, do you have the AXE I/O Solo? I have the most current version of the AXE I/O Control Panel and I don't have a buffer setting on the left side. I have an iMac, but wouldn't think the version would be different from Windows.
Dave
dlgebert

Postby rabihz24 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:32 am

dlgebert wrote:

dlgebert wrote:Later tonight I'll take a look on my iMac and see if it's greyed out for me as well.

I have the original AXE I/O, do you have the AXE I/O Solo? I have the most current version of the AXE I/O Control Panel and I don't have a buffer setting on the left side. I have an iMac, but wouldn't think the version would be different from Windows.
Dave

I have the original not the solo...
Right under the kHz setting there is the buffer size looks like the Mac version is different..
rabihz24

Postby dlgebert » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:37 am

rabihz24 wrote:looks like the Mac version is different..

Yeah, that explains the differences in our experiences. Good to know for future troubleshooting...

Dave
dlgebert

Postby ak1 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi guys, I'm gonna chime in here as well.
Original AXE IO user, just updated the AXE IO Control Panel and firmware and now the "Buffer Size" inside the AXE IO Control Panel is greyed out as well, it wasn't with the older version of the AXE IO Control Panel.
If I were to open Amplitube 4, I see that I can change the Buffer size from the Audio Midi Setup in there.

So from what I gather you can't change buffer size directly from the AXE IO Control Panel anymore, it has to be done from within the app?

Is that correct?
ak1

Postby wickrip1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:22 am

Correct on the I/O Solo Control software you cannot change the Buffer size only the sampling rate. I only see a buffering size in AmpliTube 4
wickrip1

Postby ak1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:43 am

Got it, thanks!
ak1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers