Cable Length iRig Keys I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Cable Length iRig Keys I/O

Postby mreddieg93 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:33 pm

Since there seems to be only one length of cable to plug my iRig Keys I/O to my PC... is there a specific cable I need to get to extend it?? Any product recommendations?
mreddieg93

Re: Cable Length iRig Keys I/O

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:48 pm

For USB (which you'd use to connect to a PC) you can use a standard USB extender. I still wouldn't go a huge length but I believe you can have a total length (main cable + extender) of about 5 meters. I'd try to fall a bit shy of that to be safe.

I believe there are also "active USB extenders" available that can go longer than that but I have no experience with them and wouldn't trust them for critical data transmission including MIDI.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pietropavan77 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:52 pm

what if you loose the original cable of the IRIG Keys I/O, where can i get a new cable ?
Why did IK not choose the standard USB connector ?
pietropavan77

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:32 pm

pietropavan77 wrote:what if you loose the original cable of the IRIG Keys I/O, where can i get a new cable ?

You can get cables from IK at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/spareparts/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers