Using 'Amp out' on Axe I/O Solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Using 'Amp out' on Axe I/O Solo

Postby NateEm » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:35 pm

Hi all,

I've just picked up a Katana, and wanted to see if I can get the best of both worlds - using the 'amp out' feature of the Axe I/O Solo to send my modelled sound from Amplitube to a 'real' amplifier. Is there capability to do this? The only sound I've been able to get out of the amp out socket is a clean tone. I can see this having benefits in future, but I'd love to be able to hear my Amplitube patches 'in the room' as well.

I haven't been able to find anything on this, anywhere - YouTube or forums.

Cheers!
NateEm

Re: Using 'Amp out' on Axe I/O Solo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:53 pm

The Amp Out is for sending your excellent DI/clean guitar signal out to a full guitar amplifier in order to re-amp. The processed signal you are looking for would be send out the normal outputs (including the headphone out) on AXE I/O.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby NateEm » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:06 am

Thanks Peter! I definitely agree with the 'excellent' bit - sending the signal through the Solo gave a much better signal than plugging direct to the 'amp in' (which I did 'just to see').
So just to jump on your comment about 'DI signal' - this will work as a DI box for my acoustics as well?
NateEm

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:42 pm

NateEm wrote:Thanks Peter! I definitely agree with the 'excellent' bit - sending the signal through the Solo gave a much better signal than plugging direct to the 'amp in' (which I did 'just to see').
So just to jump on your comment about 'DI signal' - this will work as a DI box for my acoustics as well?

You can plug an electro-acoustic in, but the Z-TONE circuit is not going to have the same effect on it as those are almost always piezo pickups vs the magnetic passive or active electric guitar pickups that the Z-TONE circuit was built for.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers