iRig Pro i/o issues with the headphones port

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Pro i/o issues with the headphones port

Postby Albertkinng1 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:17 pm

Hi! I’m an announcer with years of experience and with this changes we’re all trying to adjust and keep doing our work from home. I think the iRig Pro i/o is a great interface for podcasting as well. My post is related to live streaming. I have my iPhone plug to the mixer with iRig Pro and the stream sounds great. I don’t have more words to express how helpful this interface is and how easy has made my living day job a breeze. The issue I’m having is with the headphone port. I don’t hear nothing if I plug my headphones there but if I am recording in my phone and hit play I am able to listen to what I recorded. Why I need this to work if I can just plug my headphones to my mixer you said? Because I want to be able to listen also what is going to the stream. You see, In the live streaming a person is able to call. When that happened the phone call is not on the streaming audio so we can’t hear the listener and the conversation is lost. Do you think I need to buy a Belking splitter and plug the iRig on one slot and the headphones on the other and that way I can listen to both the streaming and the phone call? Is the problem is the headphone port on the iRig or not? Thanks in advance
Albertkinng1

Re: iRig Pro i/o issues with the headphones port

Postby Randy Chesbro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:52 am

Im having the same issue, I can play my video back and monitor it but cannot monitor what's going through the Irig pro. that was one of the reasons i purchased this so i can mix live music before it goes out to facebook.
I just found out that if you are using a computer and you set your audio input AND OUTPUT to the irig you can monitor it through the headphone jack. i just cannot figure it out using an iPhone.
update, I was able to get it to work if I ran Garage Band voice recorder first, then started recording my video. Cannot do it with Face Book yet. it stops Garage Band monitoring.
Randy Chesbro

Postby Albertkinng1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Please help! Nobody is taking care of this issue here! Where is costumer support or technical assistance over here?!
Albertkinng1

Postby Randy Chesbro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:47 pm

If you’re not going straight to FB live then try tuning garage band , pick voice recording with monitor turned on then start recording your video. You can monitor now through the headphone on I Rig. That’s what I got so far.
Randy Chesbro

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:20 pm

iRig Pro I/O will support real-time monitoring but the app you use also must support it which Facebook (and other apps, including built-in Camera/video apps) does not.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Randy Chesbro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:45 pm

I have it working now with FaceBook Live. it didn't at first on my phone, Downloaded the app IRIG RECORDER 3LE to my iPad and was able to record on FBlive. went back to my iPhone and tried again and somehow it was working.... nice. now as long as its consistent I'm good. :)
Randy Chesbro

Postby Albertkinng1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:14 pm

I went to the support page and it basically saying that you need to download an app and it solve the problem. That’s not my case. I just output my audio from my mixer into iRig Pro i/o and it works excellent. The only thing I can’t do is listening with the aux port on the iRig. I can monitor what I recorded but I can’t hear what is going on live. Any help would be appreciated.
Albertkinng1

Postby Randy Chesbro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:19 pm

did you turn on Background Audio in the IRIG Recorder 3LE App?
Randy Chesbro

Postby Albertkinng1 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:59 pm

Why I need to use that app? You mean the only way to listen to the aux port is with that app?
Albertkinng1

Postby Randy Chesbro » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:34 pm

I guess so. It turns the monitor port on. It runs in the background
Randy Chesbro

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:38 pm

Albertkinng1 wrote:Why I need to use that app? You mean the only way to listen to the aux port is with that app?

*if the app you are using doesn't support realtime audio monitoring (it is not a hardware setting/issue)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Albertkinng1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:43 pm

I use TwistedWave app on iPhone I can listen as a playback only
Albertkinng1

Return to Interfaces & Controllers