Re: AXE I/O USB 3? [Resolved]

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Postby jd7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:04 pm

Anyone heard anything about a USB 3 version of Axe I/O?

Most audio interfaces are still USB 2. I might be missing something, but surely USB 3 can't be that much more expensive to manufacture, but it's a whole lot faster.
jd7

Re: AXE I/O USB 3?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:18 pm

There is no need for USB3 for audio interfaces (especially with 2 in/5 out) as the bandwidth and speed of USB2 is roughly thousands of times faster than needed for transmitting audio and MIDI data on all channels simultaneously and constantly.

That is the reason why most are USB2 because it is an unnecessary additional cost with zero performance gain and better compatibility.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jd7 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Thanks Peter, I appreciate the response. Information I did not know. Thanks for clearing that up :)
jd7

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:16 pm

jd7 wrote:Thanks Peter, I appreciate the response. Information I did not know. Thanks for clearing that up :)

No problem. Now if we made the 48 I/O + MIDI + the kitchen sink interface I want, I may push for USB3 to have the even more massive overhead available to be safe, though :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:36 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Interfaces & Controllers