iRig Keys and Stomp I/O not working

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Keys and Stomp I/O not working

Postby season5 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:34 pm

I've posted about this issue once before, but that was with one piece of hardware. As I acquired another, the same problem occurred.

First I got an iRig Keys 37. On my desktop, it would download the driver, but never make it past the install phase. It was being recognized in the device manager, but showed it had no driver installed. Meanwhile, on my used Camry of a laptop, a serviceable Dell Latitude D630, it works totally fine. So I can't use it on my main rig where I mix and do guitars, an inconvenience is how I would describe it now having had to work around it for a while.

Then back in April I bought a used Stomp I/O controller so I could control effects while tracking in Amplitube. Same deal, download, failed install, works (barely) on the Dell.
I don't know if using a MIDI cable to my D.I. would be a workable solution so I haven't tried it, please let me know if you do.
(Side-bar, I also got a 1st gen Kinect for mo-cap and a similar ordeal occurred. Although I had to hard boot the Dell since trying to use the software was like a mule trying to tow a pick-up truck.)

Here's what I'm working with for my desktop:
AMD Phenom II x4 3.4 GHz
6GB DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 64-Bit

Only audio device I have plugged in is my D.I., a Tascam US-122L, which I only got working after I was able to download the driver file from their website, something I have mentioned should be employ whenever trying to troubleshoot this.
My external audio is right off the motherboard through the standard audio jack and a fiber optic cable running to my Yamaha stereo.

Now I've gone through a hard drive change in between the two gear purchases, and whatever issue carried over. I've also had an issue with Windows Update where a few updates from years ago haven't installed despite many attempts. I tried a few weeks ago to try and fix it using some other methods, in the hopes that it might also solve the iRig issues... Nope.

The keyboard I can still use, while the Dell still has some kick in it, but I'm basically stuck with a pedal board I can't use. And I really hate the notion of having to try and sell it for many reasons, largely because I didn't get to use it outside of a couple of brief tests on the laptop, which can't handle using it.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this really annoying problem?
season5

Re: iRig Keys and Stomp I/O not working

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:27 pm

The iRig ASIO driver should work well for these two pieces of IK hardware. I'd assume that's what you are having problems installing. These issues do sound very specific to your setup/computers so I'd recommend reading the IK iRig ASIO FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1340 and then if those don't help, please contact IK Support directly at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct and official technical support and I'm sure they can evaluate your issue and help resolve it for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers