AXE I/O - Program change external MIDI preamp?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

AXE I/O - Program change external MIDI preamp?

Postby Replifex » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:45 pm

Hi there,

Would it be possible to use the preset knob on the AXE I/O to switch the presets on my Rocktron Preamp?
I tried corresponding MIDI channels but the AXE I/O doesn't seem to send anything out.
Am i missing something or is it just not possible?
Thanks!
Replifex

Re: AXE I/O - Program change external MIDI preamp?

Postby dlgebert » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:55 pm

Replifex wrote:Would it be possible to use the preset knob on the AXE I/O to switch the presets on my Rocktron Preamp?

According to the AXE I/O User Manual it should be possible:

Code: Select all
PRESET

This push-encoder allows you to browse between AmpliTube’s presets. This control can also be customized to send any MIDI CC to control other functions or other software.

It looks like you can configure this in the AXE I/O Control Panel program. This is from page 16 in the AXE I/O User Manual:

Code: Select all
By default this control is setup to directly control presets browsing on AmpliTube (from version 4.8.1), however the MIDI CC that are assigned to this control can be freely assigned to make it useful for other type of controls by using the “Control App”.

Of course, by doing so, you will no longer be able to browse AmpliTube presets.

Default MIDI CC# are:

Rotation -> CC#22 Relative mode
Push -> CC#23

Dave
dlgebert

Postby Replifex » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:25 pm

Thanks, but i've already tried that.
There's no way of using Control Change message for Program Changing.
Replifex

Postby dlgebert » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:31 pm

Replifex wrote:There's no way of using Control Change message for Program Changing.

That's true, Program Change messages are a different MIDI message type. I wasn't sure if your Rocktron could be configured to use CC, like Amplitube 4 is using it to change presets.

Dave
dlgebert

Return to Interfaces & Controllers