Anyone using Stomp I/O with iPad Mini 5?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Anyone using Stomp I/O with iPad Mini 5?

Postby rwynne@arrowcat.org » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:40 pm

Is anyone successfully using their Stomp I/O with the latest generation iPad mini?

It's been a major headache to get my Stomp connected with my iPad mini (5th generation MUU32LL/A). Sometimes it connects right away and other times I have to screw around plugging and unplugging cables, restarting my iPad, etc. for 20 minutes and then *suddenly* it will start working again. Although, sometimes after it does connect, the sound will stutter on and off.

At first I thought my lightning extension cable (from IKM) was bad, but I replaced it and there's been no improvement.

The Stomp seems to work fine with my iPhone 7 and my desktop Mac.

I noticed a couple of people in the forums having similar problems who are also using an iPad mini and wondered if the Stomp is somehow incompatible with new(er) minis.

Thanks
rwynne@arrowcat.org

Re: Anyone using Stomp I/O with iPad Mini 5?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:56 pm

I don't see that model specified at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... hp?p=specs (but it does state simply iPad mini) but I don't see why it would not be. Since no users have chimed in here with their experience, I'd suggest opening a ticket directly with IK Support at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already and they would be able to work with you to resolve your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Anyone using Stomp I/O with iPad Mini 5?

Postby rwynne@arrowcat.org » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:23 pm

Thanks. I cleaned out the lightning port on the mini and I thought for a short time that it had fixed the problem, but it didn't. I don't have any trouble using my iPhone 7+ or my wife's 6 generation full size iPad, but the mini is hit and miss. I'll contact tech support.
rwynne@arrowcat.org

Return to Interfaces & Controllers