Axe I/o foot pedals

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe I/o foot pedals

Postby jonworthen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Ok, I’m completely confused.
Which foot pedals are compatible with Axe I/o? Not the expression pedals, I understand that, but the single and double foot pedals. Do they need to be a particular kind in order to ‘talk’ to Axe I/o?

Thanks in advance everyone
jonworthen

Re: Axe I/o foot pedals

Postby funinstars » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Not the expression pedals?

Why not? The manuals say it does.

"AXE IO also support continuous expression pedals for controlling realtime parameters like Wah, Volume, FX depth etc. Any 1/4” TRS connector expression pedal will work with AXE IO. MIDI messages associated with these controllers are freely assignable from the “Control app”."

The reason I'm asking, mostly, is that there's another post very recently that claims the user can't get it to work. Then I read this.
funinstars

Postby jonworthen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:33 am

Ah, ok. I see my written expression about the expression pedal is a problem, haha! No, what I meant was, I understand all about needing to get the right expression pedal – there are multiple forums dedicated to answering this one such as viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19425

No, my question is about the one and two button switch pedals and which ones of those are compatible. I already have a 2 button pedal and Axe I/o doesn't recognise it.

I hope that clarifies things.

Cheers
Jon
jonworthen

Postby DarkStar » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:10 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, via here for some one to one advice. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby paxtonleiny » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:36 am

Ah, ok. I find an issue with the written expression I made concerning the expression pedal, funny! No, I intended to say that I completely grasp the requirement for choosing the appropriate expression pedal. This topic is covered in several forums, including viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19425.

No, I'm actually curious about which one- and two-button switch pedals are compatible. My existing 2-button pedal isn't recognised by Axe I/o.

I hope that made things clearer.
paxtonleiny

Postby Sharmon123@ » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:21 am

Make sure that the pedal is not latching or adjustable to not latching and I believe the expected signal is negative but most foot switched have a toggle for the too. I use Boss pedals and they work fine.
Sharmon123@

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Any double switch with TRS connectivity should work.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby rstubes » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:43 pm

Any normally open, momentary footswitch should work fine: a single switch with a TS connector or a double switch with a TRS connector. I've been having very good luck with this one

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Proline/Universal-Metal-Sustain-Pedal-With-Polarity-Switch-1500000360669.gc

And one like this should work

https://shop.hotoneaudio.com/products/ampero-switch

Although I'm having an issue with my AXE I/O ONE not handling the double footswitch correctly. See https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33861. YMMV depending on which AXE I/O you have.
rstubes

Return to Interfaces & Controllers