iRig Stream - cutting out when I'm not the IGram host

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stream - cutting out when I'm not the IGram host

Postby mmortilla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 pm

iRig Stream seems to be working for most situations, but if a host is on Instagram and I'm added as a guest (performer) the iRig Stream cuts off and I have to disconnect it to be heard.

Is there a remedy for that? Is that what loopback is SUPPOSED to do?

Thanks.
mmortilla

Re: iRig Stream - cutting out when I'm not the IGram host

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi, this is something that still needs to be fixed in the Instagram app but the support folks found a workaround which is posted in this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1299
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mmortilla » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:05 pm

Thanks a million. I'll try that.
mmortilla

Postby mmortilla » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:47 am

Perhaps i need to post this elsewhere, but it seems somewhat on topic here.

The LE (free) version of iRig Recorder works great. Even in standby mode (not recording) I can see the input audio.

Like a good little boy and in an effort to support IK, I went ahead and bought the paid version of the iRig Recorder. If I hit the record button, it works fine but unless I'm in record, there is no signal present.

Is that normal? It seems strange that the free version allows the signal in standby but the paid version doesn't.

I've looked at all the settings and they seem correct. Not all that much to set, frankly.

I'll scour the forum and www. If I see a solution, I'll post it here. If I don't hear from any9one here, I'll start a new thread and also contact IK.

Thanks again for your assistance. MUCH appreciated.
mmortilla

Postby mmortilla » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:07 am

Never mind. User error... lol Found the mic icon at the bottom right of the screen. Problem solved. DUH!

I'll test the live stream this evening.

Thanks again for your help.
mmortilla

Postby tedsmooth » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:36 pm

For months on in i've been invited in on other instagram host's live without any issuses with connection. all of a sudden in the past 2 months, every time I set up my istream everything works normal until I join another host on their instagram live. :-( i'm launching the IRIG RECORDER app as I normally do, the signal is robust and then its gone as soon as i'm brought in on instagram live. please help!!!
tedsmooth

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:23 pm

tedsmooth wrote:For months on in i've been invited in on other instagram host's live without any issuses with connection. all of a sudden in the past 2 months, every time I set up my istream everything works normal until I join another host on their instagram live. :-( i'm launching the IRIG RECORDER app as I normally do, the signal is robust and then its gone as soon as i'm brought in on instagram live. please help!!!

Sorry to hear, I believe that Instagram had fixed the issue temporarily but now might have issues again. Until they fix that the workaround from us should work. Since it doesn't seem to I'd suggest inquiring with IK Support if you haven't already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mmortilla » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:20 pm

IG recently updated the service to accommodate adding 3 additional people to the host. This has added some hurdles to those hosting as well as joining a livestream. The problem is IG not the interface.
mmortilla

Return to Interfaces & Controllers