[RESOLVED] irig HD2 Windows 10

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

[RESOLVED] irig HD2 Windows 10

Postby bbbbbc » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:53 pm

I cannot get my irig hd2 to work with windows.
The standard windows audio seems to work but not with amplitube, I just get a crackle as an output. The IK website seems to suggest that the irig HD2 should work with the irig Pro Duo I/O asio driver - but it doesn't get recognised.
bbbbbc

Re: irig HD2 Windows 10

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Hello bbbbbc and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:26 pm

That is not an iRig Pro Duo I/O driver, there is an iRig ASIO driver that will work with iRig HD 2. If you definitely installed the driver linked on the iRig HD 2 Specs page and still have trouble, please open a ticket as DarkStar suggested. If not, please install that and it should work well in Windows 10. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Amplified.Carnage » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:18 pm

I'm having the exact same issue here. Just got my hardware today... very disappointed.

Richard
Amplified.Carnage

Postby Amplified.Carnage » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:21 pm

Apologies, just to clarify that my issue is with the ASIO driver not working. I can make it work through wasapi exclusive mode... but to be honest I really need to be using ASIO for obvious latency reasons.
Amplified.Carnage

Postby juanmexicodf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Same thing here, I installed the irigproduoio usb driver and it does not detect the irig pro hd2
juanmexicodf

Postby juanmexicodf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Peter_IK wrote:That is not an iRig Pro Duo I/O driver, there is an iRig ASIO driver that will work with iRig HD 2. If you definitely installed the driver linked on the iRig HD 2 Specs page and still have trouble, please open a ticket as DarkStar suggested. If not, please install that and it should work well in Windows 10. Thank you.

There is no download link , to what I understand is the old driver. Is that what you meant'?
juanmexicodf

Postby bbbbbc » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:24 pm

If I go to the product page on my account, under the driver downloads tab there is only one entry
"iRig Pro Duo I/O ASIO Driver for Windows (v.4.82.0)"
This is the driver I tried - I can get it to work with asio4all but this is far from ideal.
bbbbbc

Postby juanmexicodf » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:49 pm

same thing here, and the asio4all crashes constantly
juanmexicodf

Postby Amplified.Carnage » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:12 pm

Glad it's a few of us in this boat, at least. Pretty disappointing so far.
Amplified.Carnage

Postby captship » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 pm

Curious as to what windows version you are using? IKM driver version 4.82 says support for windows version 1909 and I know win 10 2020 version is being slowly rolled out. I am in the pipeline for the upgrade but think I will defer until the bugs are worked out.
captship

Postby Amplified.Carnage » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:06 am

My window's 10 version is 2004 (I know the first two numbers is the year, last two the month, so that's 2020, April)
Amplified.Carnage

Postby captship » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:59 am

Thanks for the reply, duh on my part assumed 2020 from the notice in the windows update section said may 2020 is coming - which I will not install until I see an updated iRig driver!.

Suspect Win 10 version 2004 and the iRig ASIO driver (designed to work with win 10 version 1909) are not playing well together.

Read the following when searching web for any problems with the win 10 ver 2004 update:

https://wintechlab.com/no-sound-in-windows-10/

"How to fix Audio sound problems in Windows 10 version 2004

posted on April 27, 2020 Filed Under: How To

No Audio sound from your laptop’s speaker is a common problem, especially after recent windows 10 update, a number of users report no sound from their system speaker. And the common reason for this issue is the Corrupted, Incompatible Audio Driver"

Saw Asio4all worked which leaves the iRig ASIO driver suspect.

FWIW when I used the HD2 (now happily using the Stomp I/O) used asio4all until the irig ASIO driver was released without a problem. The iRig driver worked without a problem on win 10 ver 1909. I used a powered speaker when not using headphones connected to the headphone jack of the HD2 so I could hear youtube and instructional videos through windows at the same time. There is guidance on this forum on how to set up it up to do that.

Hope they fix the driver problem ASAP!
captship

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:05 pm

captship wrote:...Hope they fix the driver problem ASAP!

Not if it is only posted here. Please report any issues to IK Support as suggested above as the driver should be compatible as spec'd and this forum is not a medium for tech support nor do the developers visit - not to mention that not every issue that is believed to be "exactly the same" is (in fact, turns out they rarely are).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:06 pm

juanmexicodf wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:That is not an iRig Pro Duo I/O driver, there is an iRig ASIO driver that will work with iRig HD 2. If you definitely installed the driver linked on the iRig HD 2 Specs page and still have trouble, please open a ticket as DarkStar suggested. If not, please install that and it should work well in Windows 10. Thank you.

There is no download link , to what I understand is the old driver. Is that what you meant'?

Please look again. There is a link to the proper place to get the official and latest driver on the page I linked (as should be on the Specs page for any product compatible with the iRig ASIO driver). Please let IK Support know if you are seeing that labeled as Pro Duo I/O in your "Driver Downloads" area there at that link and they can look into that too (though it is the same driver).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers