Irig stomp i/o through amp 2x12 cabinet

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Irig stomp i/o through amp 2x12 cabinet

Postby tuckerrst » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Wanting to run my stomp to crown amp to a 2x12 v30 cabinet. Any suggestions on the best way to do so? I was thinking 1/4” to xlr to the amp. Any ideas for settings? Thanks.
tuckerrst

Re: Irig stomp i/o through amp 2x12 cabinet

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 pm

You can't go directly into the cab as it seems you already know, thankfully. That's not a good thing to do :) You would need to go into an amp and you'd want to go into the cleanest line-level input available (if any).

However, if you do go this route I'd suggest you disable any speakers/cabinets in AmpliTube or whatever amp sim you are using as you should normally send any amp sim software into a full range speaker. The software emulates the limited (in a good way) range and characteristics of speakers like those V30s already as if they were already recorded so you'd want to go full range. Or disable speakers/cabs in the software for better results.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers