Help me to choose between Z-tone DI Box and the Pedal Boost

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Help me to choose between Z-tone DI Box and the Pedal Boost

Postby gorguts6 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:12 pm

Hi all,

I want to split my signal in order to record the dry (straight into the PA and then into Cubase) and the wet separately (through a valve amp that have a XLR DI output).
So far, my understandig is that the Pedal Boost can do all the things the DI box is doing + the boost. I cannot find something that the DI box offers that the pedal doesn't, in terms of features.

I could use a pedal as a DI to go into my PA / mixer, as well as a DI style product on my desk, and use the link to go through my pedal board.

They both have the gain, and the Z-tone, the link, and the XLR DI out.
I'm wondering it the link work in the same way, and if it is unprocessed or processed by the gain and the z-tone knob on both products?

Also I cannot find their manuals online, that would help me to understand and decide which one to buy.

Any thoughts?
gorguts6

Re: Help me to choose between Z-tone DI Box and the Pedal Bo

Postby gorguts6 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:15 pm

Hi man,

Thanks for your reply.
Your first two links for the manual don't work, for some reason.
I saw the 2 Youtube live Q&A, both on the DI and the pedal, it answered some of my questions. I asked a question live, during the pedal live, and the moderator answered that basically yes the Pedal can do everything that the DI does + the boost.
Another small difference, is that you can power the pedal with 3 different means: 9V, battery or phantom while the DI Box you can only with battery or Phantom.
I'm no sure the DI does something around the buffer side of things for long pedalboard.

I ended buying the Boost pedal, received it 3 days ago.
Andertons received 4 10 days ago, DI not sure they did but there were none available last week.
It work well so far, and answers my main need that was to send a DRY signal to my Mixer (acting as an audio interface), while at the same time going to my pedal board, that has at the end of it the Two notes Torpedo CAB M pedal, that sends via XLR the Wet signal.

Hope this helps,
Let me know if you still struggle to choose!
gorguts6

Return to Interfaces & Controllers