How to run BlueBoard updater on Windows 10?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How to run BlueBoard updater on Windows 10?

Postby forum@josh.ch » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Hello

While I find it very strange that an iOS device needs a Windows computer to upgrade the firmware, I tried to do this for an old BlueBoard with micro USB, which I got a few days ago 2nd hand on a flee market.

While the BlueBoard app found the pedal and I could basically use it, the iOS upgrader app didn't find the device (I correctly pressed D when starting it). So I dug into the manuals and found this Windows upgrade software.

I tried it using my Windows 10 computer, but it tells me that it doesn't have enough privileges, even when running it as administrator. I also tried Windows 7 and 8 compatibility modes, but with no luck.

This is pretty frustrating, and I don't seem to be the only person looking for an answer to this. I'm currently downloading a Windows 7 ISO to setup a virtual machine, just to check whether the firmware upgrade software would run on it. But this is really cumbersome...

The reason why I need to upgrade is because I want to expand the BlueBoard's capabilities with Midifire's Blue Velvet plugin: https://audeonic.com/midifire/

It states in the manual:

> requires BlueBoard with BTLE firmware sending note events on button pushes

Can anybody please help? It shouldn't be such a hassle to upgrade this thing, can it?

Thank you
Joshua
forum@josh.ch

Re: How to run BlueBoard updater on Windows 10?

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:52 pm

You shouldn't have issues with the official firmware upgrade tool that would be available in your IK User Area upon registration. Any other downloads of the updater are not supported if they are not officially provided by IK Multimedia. IK Support will gladly assist you in getting your iRig BlueBoard issues and updating sorted and can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:11 pm

The iOS updater app definitely is the official one, so it should work, right?

And I also downloaded the official IK Multimedia windows firmware updater, as instructed here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/firmware/b ... ex_usb.php

That said: I managed to start the firmware updater on an old Windows 8 machine. But now it tells me: "Waiting for search indexing to stop, please wait", and nothing happens. Another user describes it here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15011

Well, the problem is that I didn't receive a serial number with the BlueBoard, as it was sent to me 2nd hand and I was not aware that I would need to ask for a serial number (the seller either didn't know about this either, or kept it as a secret because he didn't have it anymore I guess). So I couldn't register it so far. But is this really the reason why neither the iOS app nor the windows software work as expected?

I created a support request issue already, but didn't hear anything. And some statements of other users regarding the answering speed of IK multimedia's service regarding this issue isn't very promising, see viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24387#p104218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. So I hope to find a solution myself, using the official resources, and still hoping to get an answer from IK Multimedia some day soon if I don't succeed on my own.

That said - thanks a lot that you are answering here, Peter! You're the only contact that makes me feel that there are actual people working at IK Multimedia service desk.
forum@josh.ch

Postby forum@josh.ch » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Well, it finally worked! I could finally update my old iRig BlueBoard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I created a new topic with extensive explanations here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24780

Cheers.
forum@josh.ch

Return to Interfaces & Controllers