my scarlett 2i2 doesnt work with amplitube

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

my scarlett 2i2 doesnt work with amplitube

Postby jimfear666 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:43 pm

Hello
Yesterday i bought a scarlett 2i2 and i'm currently trying to make it work with amplitube but i get no sound at all
here is what i tried so far

I deleted the amplitube setting files
I downloaded the asio driver 4 all

and i've got no sound even if i try the "focus right option" in the midi setting or the Asio4all.

here is my settings in the app

If i go on youtube, everything work fine, i can hear the audio but once i start amplitube and try to play guitar i've got no sound at all

thank for the help :)
jimfear666

Re: my scarlett 2i2 doesnt work with amplitube

Postby Shai`tan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:58 pm

I had this same issue.

1st off delete the ASIO4all driver. You don`t need it for the Scarlett 2i2.

Reinstall the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 usb drivers. Then reboot.

Question..... are your monitor speakers plugged into the back left and right outputs of your Focusrite Scarlett 2i2? If not, you need to connect your monitor speakers into your Scarlett 2i2 using Balanced TRS cables. Amplitube 4 needs to see your Scarlett 2i2 as the Input AND Output Device.
If you already have it set this way.... awesome.

You need to set in Amplitube 4s Midi Setup..... set your Output Device 1st
set it to Focusrite USB ASIO.

After this your Input Device will autopopulate and it will say.... Focusrite USB ASIO.... but it`ll look greyed out.

then you need to set your Input Device Left Channel and Right Channel to the same number of the Input you are using on the scarlett 2i2.
I plug my Guitar into Channel 2 in the front of my Scarlett 2i2. So my Amplitube 4 Input Device channels say Left Channel Input 2
Right Channel Input 2

Get me????

Leave your Amplitube 4 Output Device Channels as they are. This was exactly how I got this to work for me yesterday. Good luck.

1 last thing. Go into your Windows sound Devices area and make sure the Default is set to

Focusrite USB Audio.
Last edited by Shai`tan on Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shai`tan

Postby jimfear666 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:04 pm

thanx

I'm such an idiot... i thought my normal guitar wire would work on my scarlet ! I realised (because of you who told me you plug it in front of the device) that the back of my device (where i plugged it) is the output :lol:

I guess tommorow i will have to buy some xlr wire hahaha

Thanx ! :)
jimfear666

Postby Shai`tan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:01 am

I hope I have somehow been of help to you. ;p
Shai`tan

Return to Interfaces & Controllers