iRig MIDI 2 on USB-C

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig MIDI 2 on USB-C

Postby Deckie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:52 am

I’ve been using my iRig MIDI 2 on my iPad over a Lightning connection using the supplied cable. To use it on my new iPad Pro over a USB-C connection will it work if I replace the cable with the IK-M USB-C cable? As USB and Lightning signals aren’t compatible, how can they work with the different signal standards and protocols, do all the cables have a signal converter chip in them?
Thanks.
Deckie

Re: iRig MIDI 2 on USB-C

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:45 pm

iRig MIDI 2 will work with newer USB-C based iOS devices. Please see this FAQ for full information: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1259

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Deckie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Many thanks, I did see that but before investing in a new IKM cable I was wondering how the cables work if the USB and Lightning signals aren’t compatible, do the cables have a signal converter chip in them or something?
Deckie

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Deckie wrote:Many thanks, I did see that but before investing in a new IKM cable I was wondering how the cables work if the USB and Lightning signals aren’t compatible, do the cables have a signal converter chip in them or something?

The cable is mentioned in the FAQ therefore it will work. The cable is in place of the Lightning cable you have with your iRig MIDI 2 therefore there's no converter chip needed nor compatibility mismatch to fix.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:05 pm

This is the one you need, linked from the FAQ and I clicked the link to show compatibility on the proper cable on that page: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/c ... din-cable/
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Deckie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:48 pm

That’s great, many thanks.
Deckie

Return to Interfaces & Controllers