Help in understanding Axe I/O Impedance behaviour

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Help in understanding Axe I/O Impedance behaviour

Postby pjcass1981 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:32 pm

The basics I get. Adjust the impedance or loading of the pickups Here’s where I am lost...

All the way to the left is the most volume, clarity/high end etc. Like as much signal as your guitar can output (passive pickups here). Turn to the right and the signal from your guitar goes darker and weaker. I say weaker based on what I hear and what I see on the inputs (Amplitube/Logic Pro/Helix Native etc.) However, this is only up to a certain point... about 2 o’clock actually. At 2-3 o’clock on the dial there is a jump in volume (kind of back to the all the way to the left volume) but it is still much darker and seemingly thicker in tone.

Anyone with some knowledge of impedance values, and the effect they have on pickups, able to explain this jump in volume between 2-4 o’clock. By the way, once you go past about 4 o’clock on the dial it seems to continue where it left off at 2 o’clock with a very weak And dark signal.
pjcass1981

Return to Interfaces & Controllers