How to listen to computer audio with headphones? AXE I/O

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

How to listen to computer audio with headphones? AXE I/O

Postby ManGuy0705 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:43 pm

Right now I am able to use my headphones, plugged into the headphone input of the AXE I/O, to listen to audio coming from my DAW as well as from the AmpliTube standalone app when I turn the monitor knob to DAW. However, I can't hear audio from any other sources through my headphones (e.g. YouTube or Spotify). When choosing the output device in my computer's audio settings, I can only choose between Line Out 1/2, Line Out 3/4, or Line Out 5/6 (besides the computer's own audio). None of these give me any sound through the headphones (except for sound from Ableton or AmpliTube).

Am I missing something, or am I only able to route my computer's audio to the speaker outputs of the AXE I/O? I want to use headphones to play along with youtube backing tracks. Major oversight if this is not possible.
ManGuy0705

Re: How to listen to computer audio with headphones? AXE I/O

Postby edomello » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello ManGuy,
Did you manage to find an answer to your question?
I'd be interested in buying this interface to fully replace my PC audio card (and obviously using it to record guitar and re-amp) but it would be a big letdown if the drivers don't allow multiple ASIO/MME sources through the heaphones.
One of most common issues with playback with ASIO and Windows sound simultanuesly is that the bit-rates of the two sources has to be the same.
edomello

Re: How to listen to computer audio with headphones? AXE I/O

Postby Ryan_IK » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:48 am

The AXE I/O Line output 1/2 option will also send signal through the AXE I/O headphone port. Make sure to have the latest AXE I/O drivers and firmware installed.

The drivers and control panel can be found here. Make sure to restart your system after installing.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... p=download

Firmware updates can be found by opening the AXE I/O control panel.

On Windows 10 you can click the speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner to change to AXE I/O Line output 1/2. Make sure to set the AXE I/O to the DAW side to hear signal from any Windows program. Some programs need to be restarted after changing audio devices.

Shoot me a PM and I can take a closer look if you need any extra help.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Ryan_IK
Senpai

Return to Interfaces & Controllers